Watchmen props

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Have we started a thread yet to inventory some of the props we're gonna be chasing?

If not. Let's start something on the obtainable props.

-Rylo

Well the "official" replicas are of the Comedian's pistols, and Rorshach's mask and spear gun. The official props are permanently affixed tho their display bases however. :unsure

"obvious" props from the comic books include the action figures of the masked adventurers, plus the toy Owlship... Lots of newspaper front pages... bottle of Nostalgia perfume...

I have various versions of the Comedians badge from the graphic and have been working on the Nostalgia bottles from the book and film for a few weeks now.

So far I've made a Rorschach mask out of some old t-shirts, and it looks pretty good to me. The ink doesn't move, of course.
I also have a comic version of the smiley face pin, a framed team photo of the 1940's Minute Men and Nixon's Presidential Order allowing Dr. Manhattan to fight in Vietnam (soon I'll paperclip the photo of the VC bowing to Dr. M to it).
Eventually, I hope to get Rorschach's improvised flamethrower (aerosol can and lighter), a can of beans, Rorschach's symbol note thing, a replica issue of the Black Freighter and Hollis Mason's Under the Hood hardcover.
I will very likely want more props after the movie comes out, depending on whether it's as awesome as I hope.

Last edited:
Well the "official" replicas are of the Comedian's pistols, and Rorshach's mask and spear gun. The official props are permanently affixed tho their display bases however. :unsure

"obvious" props from the comic books include the action figures of the masked adventurers, plus the toy Owlship... Lots of newspaper front pages... bottle of Nostalgia perfume...
Do you have any scan or pic of the action figures?:angel

Oh, thanks, from what Phase Pistol said I thought there was action figures IN the comic book that could be replicated, not actual action figures from the upcoming movie... My bad!:D

Like so many show out there. You make some really cool props for the show and then you never see them in it. We'll see if they ever use mine. I made a Owl remote control. Really tough piece to build.

rick

Re: Watchmen props
So, no little gadgets or gizmos?

The obvious candidate seems to be a non-fixed, non-static Rorshach grapple gun. Like I mentioned two months ago.

Ooops. Just killed that possibility.

Like so many show out there. You make some really cool props for the show and then you never see them in it. We'll see if they ever use mine. I made a Owl remote control. Really tough piece to build.

rick

will you be able to post pics? Don't leave us hanging!

Anyone in San Francisco? There's going to be some props on display at the Cartoon Art Museum starting Sat (Feb 21st). I'm actually thinking about making a road trip up there next weekend (was planning to do it to see the Coraline puppets, but now I realize Watchmen will be there as well REALLY makes it worth it... :lol ).

Anyone know the photography policy in that place? I'll fill up a memory stick if they let me...

http://www.cartoonart.org/

Rik

I think he had at one time, but was 'asked' to take them down by the studio... (Oops...)

Hopefully after the movie is in theaters he can put them back.

(But if they put it on display at the Cartoon Art Museum, then it's fair game!! Hehe...)

I heard that they might be making more of the props on the show as collectibles. Once the movie comes out and it's all over the net. I guess then I'll be able to post the pics. I hope they use the piece I made. It was really hard to make and had tons of little parts that drove me crazy. Kind of looked liked that owl ship, lots of detail.

rick

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back