Watchmen props

Pretty much. I just had to resize them a little. Now that I've seen the movie I have to color the Tijuana Bible.

Very nice Kroenen77. I might have to give this one another thought.

Just got my "Under The Hood" journal. Does anyone have a screen shot of the actual book? I could swear I remember seeing one.

norm-49ac76ca709ba-Watchmen+%282009%29.jpeg

Here ya go:
p1010581zi0.jpg

While the screen version wore a dust jacket, the graphics appear to be identical (with extra weathering) so it'd be easy enough to reproduce that part for a screen-accurate copy.

someone really needs to do Comedian's zippos, i remember seeing a shot in one of these threads of it.

It is not a traditional bible, let's put it that way.

yea, i know what it is...i just meant that i saw someone who had one printed out in their photo up there, and it was with the other magazine covers that ARE on that flikr site, but i couldnt find the tiajuana bible on there for printing. :)

Here you go, guys:

http://img27.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=watchmen1h.jpg

Taken at the Arclight Theater lobby in Hollywood before the premier - Watchmen was showing on all but 4 screens. Love that they also have a "Watchmen 21+" screening, where there's an open bar and you can buy wine, beer, or mixed drinks during the movie... Good times! :)

Arclight is always the best place to scope out costumes and props from new releases - when The Dark Knight came out they had on display the batsuit, Joker costume, all the bank heist masks, and parked outside was the full-scale batpod cycle - THAT thing kicked serious buttock!!! :love

A couple of things I noticed from the film:
- On the TIME magazine with Veidt and Manhattan, they had photoshopped in Manhattan's black speedos.
- Rorschach's journal is dark brown in the film. If I had to guess it would be a sort of chestnut brown. In one scene it does appear to be weathered leather, but near the end it looks moleskin. My girlfriend says it is either a suede-like material or moleskin but to me it looked leather. The overlapping rings (from cups) on the cover are also quite pronounced in the film.
- The Minutemen photo is usually in a sort of gold colored frame instead of black. My guess would be some sort of antique gold color. Also, I THINK just about everyone had the same frame (Sally Jupiter, Comedian, Nite Owl I and II).
- The Watchmen 1970 picture out there is not screen accurate.
- There are two Osterman/Janey Slater photos online. This one is the screen-accurate version:
020209-artfilm05-big.jpg

The other has more details in the background (like the comic) and appears to be weathered (like the comic) but the one used on screen has little background and is in perfect condition.
- The Veidt Hairspray from the New Frontiersman ad is indeed the spraycan Rorschach uses to make a flamethrower.
- Under the Hood is around the same size and thickness as the Watchmen trade paperback.
- The action figures actually have a good amount of screen time. The figures really do appear to be the DC Direct figures with slightly different headsculpts.

Last edited:
I bought the Ozymandias figure a while back and when i saw the film the only difference is that in the film the figure doesnt have a domino mask while the DC direct one does:) The sculpt in the film has that same mass produced slightly sloppy paint job that mine has though...just needs a new head!

Does anyone know the dimensions of the "Under the Hood" journal?

The NECO journal is 6.75" x 9" x .5"

The Tijuana Bible image seems to have been deleted from the flickr site but here's the version I saved and the one I colored as best I can remember. It should be 8 pages long.

tbible1.jpg

tbible2.jpg

I don't think the Tijuana Bible was ever on the flickr site. I think it was from here originally:
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/watchmen-movie-photos.php

Also, to clarify my previous post (since I found the link), some of the paper props on this site are incorrect:
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/021909-watchmen-movie-press-junket-photos.php
The "Supermen for Peace" TIME Magazine was the same in the film, but Manhattan was wearing his black speedo. Also the team photo seen here is incorrect. They were standing in a different order and had different poses, also the picture was more close-up and I'm not sure if the "Watchmen 1970" banner was there at all. I suppose you could say they posed for more than one picture.

Does anyone have or know where I can find the 1940 group photo to print out for myself and a friend?

If you google for "watchmen 1940 picture", you'll find it in a variety of sizes - get the biggest one you can find, for the best quality.

I've been working on a cleaned up version in photoshop and a few other tools; I've got it at 10"x8" (2006x1618 pixels) at 400dpi so far. Not done, hope to have it in the junkyard soon. PM me if interested.

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of this photo? I'd like to get it as close to the original size as possible. Also going to look for the frame, or a close approximation. Does it look like a standard photo size?

Here's a picture of it mounted on the Comedian's pegboard; only problem is, I'm not sure the distance of the pegs to extrapolate the size.

4104573.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back