5 foot replica shooting miniature AIRWOLF, nearing completion

streetjudge79

Master Member
After 2.5 years, "The Lady" is nearing completion. Only a few things left to do, the adf pods are finished but haven't been attached yet,the cockpit goes in this week and the door handles. It will have working landing gear by remote control as well as working cockpit lights, strobe lights,spotlights. The gentleman who built this for me worked on the original shooting miniature for the show back in the 80's. I'll show more photos when she's done.

airwolf2.jpg

airwolf1.jpg

airwolf3.jpg

airwolf3-1.jpg

airwolf1-1.jpg

airwolf2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I picked it up from Starwood models,I don't think it's the Vario..it's been so long since I bought it, I forgot the actual maker, is that sad or what?
Sucks getting older...can't remember anything..lol.

steve - .......

...... you are my new hero... that's it.. those are all the words that I can muster right now..

I didnt' even know this was possible. I had three goals when coming into prop collecting - getting a really big airwolf - a really big knight rider - and a batman suit.... I've obviously digressed - but this was always one of my original dreams.

Amazing stuff..

~Thomas

:) I'll take plenty more pics after it arrives..I honestly never thought I'd see this completed.
steve - .......

...... you are my new hero... that's it.. those are all the words that I can muster right now..

I didnt' even know this was possible. I had three goals when coming into prop collecting - getting a really big airwolf - a really big knight rider - and a batman suit.... I've obviously digressed - but this was always one of my original dreams.

Amazing stuff..

~Thomas

Airwolf is COOL!

I'm still longing for a nice 1/18 replica from BBI or something.
Why doesnt some company out there make one when they know they would sell like hot cakes???

Keith.

Airwolf is COOL!

I'm still longing for a nice 1/18 replica from BBI or something.
Why doesnt some company out there make one when they know they would sell like hot cakes???

Keith.

yea Aoshima made some 1/48 die cast ones - but that's it, I have those Aoshima ones - but I would most likely give one of my toes for a large airwolf like above.

Update time! He finished the doors (door handle), the smaller window on the passenger doors,and the ADF pod. The guns and pods are removeable so I can display it also with the wings closed up. He even scratchbuilt the Spy Camera in the side rear window behind the pilots seat. Next is installing the cockpit seats and interior..

airwolf5-1.jpg

airwolf5-3.jpg

Last edited:
She really is stunning!!! I too have longed for a large scale Airwolf....why doesn't any company start producing them??? They really would sell well!!

Very nice.

I have a size 60 Airwolf I need to get back too. Mine didn’t come with blades which brand and model # did you use?

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing piece! Great job on the detail. There are RC kits of Airwolf in various sizes. You can pick one up and make a nice static display.

Aha,
\the guy you were trying to recall should be Larry Jolly. My understanding is the Vario is the later version of Jollys' so what color did you paint it? Mazda Tornado Silver?
Will

I have always been in love with that hellicopter.... man I would love a model like that to work on.... Sigh..... one day..... one day.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back