Anyone make DUNE props?

Well, last time I checked, the mold for the film Crysknife that I have offered in the past was still holding up OK. This is third generation - a copy of a copy of an original knife from the production:

6056206.jpg

Send me a PM for more info.

I've also been meaning to get back to and finish up the sheathed version that I was tinkering with a while ago:

357951686.jpg

I think I need to look into magnets - some test castings that I did were press-fit, and seemed to work fine... but in the interim, some shrinkage has occured and they don't fit so well anymore. So, I was thinking perhaps some magnets to hold the sheath in place might be the answer...

PM sent

Just curious... *kicks up dust around old thread*

I been trying to read all the posts about Dune props..

But, has anyone ever made a THUMPER? Im working on a project, and didnt even notice that there were different types of thumpers (Worm Callers) until I started looking.

Just curious.

Resurrecting this thread with a few questions:

Dune_Jacket_5.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the 3-ridged rubber strips are/where they might be found?

PtByNmbrs are you still planning on doing another run of weirding modules? (Do you make both the wrist and throat pieces?)

I would still be in for a still suit! :D

Well a few costuming buddies of mine and I have been tossing around the idea of a Dune group for a couple years and I think we're just about ready to put it in motion. We need to figure out what a few of the objects are and work out a few more construction details, *hopefully* we'll be starting construction early in the new year.

We have come up with a couple ideas of how to make the stillsuits NOT using molded rubber because frankly, it's not even worth making it for us. It's entirely not durable and exceedingly expensive. So I've come up with an alternative, and with any luck it will have the same visual effect, but be more durable, more easily repaired, and a lot less pricey.

Right now it's a group project, so I can't personally say "we'll be offering a run", or even that it will even end up looking right (though I'm leaning towards yes haha :)) but, if they do end up working well and aren't so astronomically difficult we don't want to recreate them...we'll see. ^_^

We will be making both male and female style stillsuits.

Well a few costuming buddies of mine and I have been tossing around the idea of a Dune group for a couple years and I think we're just about ready to put it in motion. We need to figure out what a few of the objects are and work out a few more construction details, *hopefully* we'll be starting construction early in the new year.

We have come up with a couple ideas of how to make the stillsuits NOT using molded rubber because frankly, it's not even worth making it for us. It's entirely not durable and exceedingly expensive. So I've come up with an alternative, and with any luck it will have the same visual effect, but be more durable, more easily repaired, and a lot less pricey.

Right now it's a group project, so I can't personally say "we'll be offering a run", or even that it will even end up looking right (though I'm leaning towards yes haha :)) but, if they do end up working well and aren't so astronomically difficult we don't want to recreate them...we'll see. ^_^

We will be making both male and female style stillsuits.

I have often thought that leather would be a good sub. It can be shiny or not depending on the finish and would be very durable and weatherable!

I have often thought that leather would be a good sub. It can be shiny or not depending on the finish and would be very durable and weatherable!

The problem is that leather in that quantity would be very hard (not to mention expensive) to work with and it wouldn't end up having as good a 'rubber' quality look to it. With any luck what I have in store wil be easier, less expensive, and look closer to the real thing...we'll see!

D48thRonin PM sent but upon further research realized Feyd never laid hands on the Crysknife, his was the Emperor's blade, so my friend doing the Feyd outfit wouldn't use it. >.< My bad!

Blad those look totally spot-on! 0_0

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back