I know where some judge dredd uniform jackets ended up

Lancer

Sr Member
I'm watching Diagnosis Murder on BBC 1 right now and this weeks story is about a murder at a TV studio. two people just went past wearing JD tunic tops with the red tabs on the collar.

rofl

although to be honest - I find the fact that u are watching diagnosis murder the most worryin thing about that post!

I usually find myself watching diagnosis murder (or quincy ME) on the odd day when I call in sick. a knda of guilty pleasure.

rofl

although to be honest - I find the fact that u are watching diagnosis murder the most worryin thing about that post!

I usually find myself watching diagnosis murder (or quincy ME) on the odd day when I call in sick. a knda of guilty pleasure.

It could be worse, he could be watching the Jeremy Kyle show, with a can of Special Brew in his hand :lol I have a friend on thestallonezone, who was in Judge Dredd, he had a bit part at the end, where Sly sits on the bike just before the end credits (the lucky basket) lol

rofl

lol. You love it really Nate! :lol

yeesh Neil - you on here too? man u get everywhere dont you?

Dick Van Dyke - he is just sooooo sexy :D

Barry Van Dyke - how can you NOT love him, after what he did to beloved BSG series in the 80's

anyways - back to Lancer; thanks to you, I have spent a useless 3 hrs trying to find the scene in question

to those who are curious (mad like me) - its from Season 5, Episode 9 - must kill tv

lets go get our dredd jackets back!

that's the one. and yes it was a day off and I was just pottering about the house with the telly on. erik estrada is wearing a blue jacket with red tabs at the collar. Now to me, I'm wearing strictly off memory here but I'm sure that looks like a dredd jacket.

now I could be wrong but I am really really struggling to think of another film that had a blue jacket like that, with that style collar. and I watch a lot of sci fi etc so its familiar and to me, its looks like a dredd uniform.

Did a little search. The episode is called 'Must Kill TV', Season 5, Episode 9.

I watched that as well, for some reason. I saw the jackets, didn't make the connection at the time.

Barry Van Dyke? Is it just me, or would he make a good Judge Dredd!?:confused

hey judge minty - check out post #5 in this thread ;P could have saved u that research ;P

barry van dyke? as a judge? NOOOOOOO!! Oi you van dyke!! after what you did to the BSG franchise in the 80s? You stay away from Mega City One. Too clean cut in my opnion.

tell you who I can imagine as a judge, just from attitude - Vin Diesel, Chris Walken

anyway - back to OP; what you think Minty; judge jacket or not?

Whoops. I must learn to read more before I write.

Regards the jacket. I'd have to see it again, it was a similar style, as far as I can remember.

What did Barry do to BSG? I'll have to check in to that.

EDIT : Ahh, I remember it now. I can't remember much about the end of the original BSG, especially enough to pick Barry out, in particular, for any praise or blame?

Last edited:
tbh - it was more the writers fault

it also want the original BSG - not the one with R Hatch, D Benedict and that lot.

it was the (fortunately) brief 80s revival, which then basically moved the show to earth, and bits of time travel in it, and galactica kids tryin to intergrate into 'Earth Culture', wll the whilse bouncing abt cos of earth low gravity

but i digress

Nate

Did a little search. The episode is called 'Must Kill TV', Season 5, Episode 9.

I watched that as well, for some reason. I saw the jackets, didn't make the connection at the time.

Barry Van Dyke? Is it just me, or would he make a good Judge Dredd!?:confused

Judge Dredd jackets on Diagnosis Murder and Erik Estrada, well what do you know! What's next, Judge McGruder on Murder She Wrote lol!!

anderson for me ;P

I've always loved the bolland interpretation of Dredd 'verse

meg264.jpg

it also want the original BSG - not the one with R Hatch, D Benedict and that lot.

it was the (fortunately) brief 80s revival, which then basically moved the show to earth, and bits of time travel in it, and galactica kids tryin to intergrate into 'Earth Culture', wll the whilse bouncing abt cos of earth low gravity

Nate

Lol truly awful and he didn't stop at BSG, what about Airwolf :cry

Sounds like this guy is ruining the Van Dyke name and all his father did for cockney chimneysweep awareness throughout the world !!

Please no Judge van Dredd i say:eek

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back