New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! (Jan. '09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

synasp

Sr Member
Welcome to the RPF! We're happy you could join, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Code of Conduct (CoC)

Technical Questions and Support

And other FAQs that can ease your way into the RPF

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

RPF Staff

Blade Runner collector from Spain

Greetings from Spain!

Several months waiting... but now, I'm a registered user here! I'm happy!!!

Well. I live near Barcelona, Spain, and my main addiction is Blade Runner. I collect ALL about this movie and they multiverse (game, BSO, book, etc). Currently, I'm working in a BR prop book too, so, I'm collecting all the info, data and items I can to achieve this project.

As props only, I have circa 30 items related to the movie (also some production original negatives and thousands of books, magazines, and so on).

My Blade Runner site is my own site devoted to my collection and news about it.

Some other movies are in my focus too, but not in the prop area (Matrix, Ghost in the Shell, LOTR, Alien, etc.). For now, only Blade Runner takes my prop interest.

Prop replicas and making them is also a nice topic for me (although I'm a computist and techie man, not an artist at all...). I think RPF could be a good starting point to build some props myself... IMHO!

Nothing more for now! I'll post some pictures soon. Meanwhile, all of you are welcome to visit my report list. Is not complete, but they are some nice pictures (although are thumbnails only).

Here you can watch it: Official Report List

See you soon!
Joan

Last edited:
Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here!...

Welcome! There are some really cool goings on around here

Thanks for the welcome.

37 year young, Happily married guy.I am a field inspector
for Fidelity.

I stumbled across this board around a year ago and decided to register. It amazes me at the talent that
is on this board. During my year of visiting here, I
have learned a few things.

I do not collect anything specific, But I am starting to
accumilate a nice helmet collection.
My wife likes/collects the harry potter stuff and has a good
bit of it.

I guess the biggest piece in my small collection would be
my life size Master Chief statue from Halo 2.

Thanks Again for the welcome, Fulcrum.

Hey everyone,

I'm 28, female collector in the UK. Have purchased items from Russrep (top bloke) and have been hovering waiting for sign up! So very glad to be aboard finally!

Main interests are Alien films, Predator, 5th Element, Terminator, Horror movies etc. Not really into one particular area as I collect prop replicas, props, 1/6 scale figures and anything else that catches my eye.

Have just kitted myself out with modelling material etc as I want to learn how to sculpt for myself. I have a wealth of ideas that I just want to get out and clay is the best medium for me...........hopefully!

Desperately looking for an electroplater ideally in the UK to do a couple of T2 and T3 replicas for me, any ideas? Relatively small items, T-1000 hook and T-800 power cell.

Look forward to speaking with you guys and discussing props!

DC

Hey, great to be here. My name is Andrew, I'm 28, I live near Tacoma Washington, and I am an Electrician, Mechanic, and Aircraft Maintenance Inspector.

In my free time I enjoy listening to all sorts of music, researching Star Wars costumes, playing games (of all sorts), learning to sew, and occasionally cooking.

I don't have much to show.... a few home made projects, nothing of any good quality (IMHO). But I hope to learn a lot here and contribute what I can.

35 year, Male Married with a Son. I am a Landscape artist and designer.

I was a member early on but never used the site I hope to change that.

I mainly collect Props from the Indiana Jones run and Underworld but also have many from other movies

Thank you Kevjh

Hello. My name is Fred, i'm 34 old and i live in FRANCE. I like SF movies, especially StarWars. I have a SDS stormtrooper armor and i'm a big collector of helmets. Happy to be here, see you. There is a overview of my costume :

Thanks for the warm Welcome to the RPF!

I've been a sci-fi collector for a number of years now. I hope to continue the tradition with my two sons as well.

Welcome to the new folks :thumbsup
Hey Defstar - long time no see mate! Thanks for the welcome :cool

Hello. My name is Fred, i'm 34 old and i live in FRANCE. I like SF movies, especially StarWars. I have a SDS stormtrooper armor and i'm a big collector of helmets. Happy to be here, see you. There is a overview of my costume :
Hey Fred.....last time I think I met you was at CE in London. I think you may be the same guy we went drinking with - the rebel scum have their ways of Imperial interogation hey? :love

Hello to everyone anyway - nice to be a newbie and good to be here...thats two people who I know and theres a hell of a lot more old friends here I know and new friends to meet Im sure.

OK - the stuff for Cilla Black to read out (Google 'Suprise Suprise Cilla Black and expand your lifestyle if you get chance...)....Im another one of the 'Class of 77', mostly into Star Wars props, collecting....and the rest (including overdrafts at the bank to accomodate my 'hobby' lol). I'm generally into clone and rebel costuming, but would love to own a Boba Fett costume one day (dont tell anyone hey....its our secret...)

UK based, in the North.

Last edited:

Hi all! Glad to be here. Some of you guys and gals will know me from TDH and some from UK based sites I am sure :cool.

So hi and see you round the place. :love

Bobby.

wow - lots of names I recognise already

I use the same username across several boards - so a big hello to all the old and new faces.

I like collecting sci fi props - currently mostly centred on SW. But also ST, BSG, Firefly.

Mostly have participated on the receiving end of things, but have (very slowly) started to venture into some basic modelling. Have loads of questions abt he making molds and casting side of things.

Thanks to guys who have helped me with questions already on other boards - will prob post a similiar thread here - there being a wider audience on these boards.

will catch up with most of you in due course. its a real pleasure to be here and being able to finally use the 'search' key!!!

Nate

Hey Defstar - long time no see mate! Thanks for the welcome :cool

Hey Fred.....last time I think I met you was at CE in London. I think you may be the same guy we went drinking with - the rebel scum have their ways of Imperial interogation hey? :love

Hello to everyone anyway - nice to be a newbie and good to be here...thats two people who I know and theres a hell of a lot more old friends here I know and new friends to meet Im sure.

OK - the stuff for Cilla Black to read out (Google 'Suprise Suprise Cilla Black and expand your lifestyle if you get chance...)....Im another one of the 'Class of 77', mostly into Star Wars props, collecting....and the rest (including overdrafts at the bank to accomodate my 'hobby' lol). I'm generally into clone and rebel costuming, but would love to own a Boba Fett costume one day (dont tell anyone hey....its our secret...)

UK based, in the North.

Sorry, it's not me :), I never went to England...

Hey guys, some of you might know me from a few other forums. I am 987654321a, you can call me numbers, countdown, or darth sequentius, or whatever you can think of at the moment haha.

I am currently working on an ESB Fett, Ill post pics later in the costuming forum.

Hey guys, I'm Zach. I'm Jodo over at TDH, MEPD, RS, and just about evrywhere else. However, on TCF and ASAP, I go by callsign Radium.

I've collected SW toys for about 11 or so years, but here for SW Celebration 3 I decided I wanted a nice costume. Ever sence then, I've been getting more and more addicted to props. I'm currently try to sell a large part of my SW collection to fund my new found addicition. :)

My current costumes I own are Decipher Jodo Kast, BSG Fleet Marine, a BSG Razor light tactical Marine, and my V1.0 of my TDK Joker. In the next year or two, I'd like to get my V2.0 TDK Joker, and TEOD Jodo Kast together. I've also got a spair set of Mando armor to play around with, so we'll see what happens. ;) :p I'm also considering Cade Skywalker costume...but thats extreme back burner, and I'm just messing around with drawing templates out for it.

I've also got quite a bit of a BSG prop collection now, as well as a MR CE TK helmet to play around with. I'm hoping 2009 will be the end of toy collectin' and the start of high quality prop collectin'. :p

So, let the fear spreadin' begin. :lol

11-30-08001A.jpg

EDIT - Totaly forgot, but I'm also a casual fan of Firefly/Serinity props, as well as an Indiana Jones fan. :p

Last edited:

Well, it's nice to be here. I collect all kinds of costumes. You can some of the ones I have worn and I own from this link:

www.myspace.com/azuregenie

Feel free to add me or comment.

:cool

I have a rather small prop collection. Very small in fact. In fact... zero props.
Not strictly speaking true. I have a scratchbuilt Proton Pack (with a few resin pieces) (not me in the picture) that I made 2 years ago and finished enough for halloween but never quite finished completely. I have a Iona shoe polisher waiting to be converted, and a number of other plans, collected items and daydreams. I lurked accountless on the RPF for a long long time and sometimes saw threads looking for info that, despite my lack of physical props, I could have contributed to via screengrabs, scans, photos, etc. I look towards 2009 as my year of actually starting to fashion and create something, and I feel the RPF will be a good place to show what I come up with, seek information, and share what I have found.

Without wishing to jinx myself, my first project will be The Guide from the HHGTTG Film. Currently contemplating making two for a static display. One 'open' and one closed. I hope to start posting a progress thread on this soon.

Oh and UK, based just past Croydon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back