New Star Trek movie phasers - a clue from Barbie?

Pumpernickel

These images of the new Trek movie Barbies (prototypes) are showing up online. Notice the props they are holding.

Pumpernickel

newmoviephaser.jpg

mat_barbearly_spock.jpg

mat_barbearly_kirk.jpg

So I was wrong to start calling "The Day the Earth Stood Still" remake crap six months ago before anyone saw it?

Still, I'm curious to see what they've come up with. I mean they already disappointed me with the Enterprise both inside and out, so they might as well go for broke and kill the phasers and communicators too. We need higher res pics.

Last edited:
Sure I've put out my doubts, but I have never said it was crap. Don't put words into my mouth.

It would be stupid to judge a movie before seeing it. That doesn't mean I can't form an opinion on what I have seen.

I don't get how with the amount sequel/prequel/rebooting/re-imagining bashing that goes on around here, yet THIS one is getting a free pass by a lot of folks.

Probably more than most folks I'd like this to turn out good. But fact is, few sequel/prequel/rebooting/re-imaginings turn out any good at all.

Sure I've put out my doubts, but I have never said it was crap. Don't put words into my mouth.

It would be stupid to judge a movie before seeing it. That doesn't mean I can't form an opinion on what I have seen.

I don't get how with the amount sequel/prequel/rebooting/re-imagining bashing that goes on around here, yet THIS one is getting a free pass by a lot of folks.

Probably more than most folks I'd like this to turn out good. But fact is, few sequel/prequel/rebooting/re-imaginings turn out any good at all.

I've never been one to bash "sequel/prequel/rebooting/re-imaginings". I say if you don't like the remake just watch the original. However, as a long time Trek fan this one is hitting awfully close to home.

I'm trying to keep an open mind but I must admit to being a little concerned by what I've seen so far. And yet, as you said, it would be unfair to judge a movie before seeing it.

One additional point... you stated that "few sequel/prequel/rebooting/re-imaginings turn out any good at all". The fact is most movies, books, music, etc are'nt all that good. Most are competent but forgettable. A chunk are just plain crap and a few (very few) are great.

Early word was that the barrel "pivots" or "swivels" somehow when you change from Stun to Kill, so I'm guessing that the red is probably an indication of this. Probably is a different color for stun?

- k

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back