Rankin-Bass Rudolph puppets - re-creations?

Pumpernickel

Has anyone ever made or sold re-creations of the Rankin-Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer puppets? I've seen the various plush/stuffed toys, action figures, resin kits, etc., but I'm wondering if anyone makes replicas of the actual filming puppets? Would love to see some or get info.

Here's a pic I took when the original puppets were on display here in Atlanta at the Puppetry Museum.

Thanks,

Pumpernickel

IMG_0388.jpg

I plan to make lifesize versions of these both to stand on my roof next Christmas.
I want to start with Rudolh first and make sure I finish him before starting on Santa. One will end up standing on each side of my Chimney, and of course Rudolph will have a red, glowing nose. Still have not worked out the details since the plan is only 2 weeks old, but thanks for this picture, it helps to get everything i can. :thumbsup

Those are in remarkably good shape. What a classic!

Has anyone ever made or sold re-creations of the Rankin-Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer puppets? I've seen the various plush/stuffed toys, action figures, resin kits, etc., but I'm wondering if anyone makes replicas of the actual filming puppets? Would love to see some or get info.

Here's a pic I took when the original puppets were on display here in Atlanta at the Puppetry Museum.

Thanks,

Pumpernickel

IMG_0388.jpg

I can remember as a kid watching the show every years and not really feeling like it was Christmas until I saw it. I also remember getting sad when they would start to sing Holly Jolly Christmas because I knew the show was almost over.

I would love to have some 1/1 scale repros of these guys.

BTW: I read somewhere that Ukon in the original script wasn't looking for "silver and gold" he was looking for a lost peppermint mine - that's why he would lick his pick axe everytime is pierced the ground - to check if it had peppermint on it. LOL

BTW: I read somewhere that Ukon in the original script wasn't looking for "silver and gold" he was looking for a lost peppermint mine - that's why he would lick his pick axe everytime is pierced the ground - to check if it had peppermint on it. LOL

Actually, if you get the unedited DVD, you will see that Yukon Cornelius finds the lost peppermint mine (in the last scene shown at Christmas town, before Santa arrives at the Island of Misfit Toys). Unfortunately, CBS edits some of the special during its television airing each year for added commercial time. :angry In any case, the shows looks amazing on CBS in HD.

Pumpernickel

The Memory Lane toy versions of these are great. I have a lot of the Rudolph, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and Charlie Brown stuff, it is all just great!

I have to wonder what happened to the other puppets from the other shows. I mean, there were a ton of those things made. I've only seen about three outside of the films; the Santa and Rudolph and Donner puppet from the Rudolph special.

Too, I've thought about doing one of these puppets for some time myself. I've always loved 'em!

-B89! :D

I have to wonder what happened to the other puppets from the other shows. I mean, there were a ton of those things made. I've only seen about three outside of the films; the Santa and Rudolph and Donner puppet from the Rudolph special.

Too, I've thought about doing one of these puppets for some time myself. I've always loved 'em!

-B89! :D

Most of them are gone. There were tons of faces but few bodies.
Here's the story about this restoration:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17024572
Laffo.

Oh' man...just noticed.

The previous owners had Rudolph stuffed in a candy dish?!

Barbarians

My sister just got the figures from timespacetoys. It looks okay, but the Sanat likeness doesn't really look like the Santa puppet. The materials are different. I would hardly call them replicas. I was really disappointed in what they turned out to look like. Again, nice...just certainly not worthy of the "replica" title, and certainly not up to any standards on these boards.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back