Muscle suits--how to foam fill....

LordVdr

You superhero people here on the board may be able to help me. I finally got my hands on a muscle suit, and 'm trying to attach the latex set of body muscles to a lycra suit or something like it. My question is what's the best way to fill the space between me/the lycra and the latex muscle suit? Should i use some type of expanding foam while I wear the suit, or should I glue little pieces of regular "cushion" foam inside to fill the void?

Thanks in advance....

If you go the thehunterslair.com, a Predator sight, they have a lot of cool tutorials on muscle suits, latexing, etc. Look for MacGuyver's Mr I tutorial, in which he turns a Mr. Incredible costume into a latexed, painted Pred. skin. It might help you out?

I think he's asking what to put inbetween the latex muscle suit and the lycra body suit to keep the muscles 3 dimensional.

I'd suggest using normal upholstery foam...or even that stuff you can get at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby called "fiber fill".
The only problem I can see is that both of these have the potential to absorb sweat, and after a few days of sitting around after wearing it, it will stink to high heaven. You can try washing it from the inside I suppose, but I'd think the foam would still retain that water. And I guess ringing it out wouldn't work since the latex would make it too difficult to work with...and you have the possibility of ruining the paint job if it has one.

Yeah, maybe the hunters lair would be a good place to check for info.

You could always try working out.

Joking aside, I would sew padded sections of material together into muscle shapes, and Velcro them to your bodysuit (removable, washable and they will move with your body, so you don't swim in the rubber muscle suit.

Alarmingly, many costume builders don't consider the washability of their works, and that means that you won't be welcome in many venues more than a few times.

Should take a wiff of me when i pulled my furniture foamed predator costume off, my friend had to help me take it off. phewwwwwwwwwww:sick You could smell me 10+ feet away..:lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back