Favorite Movie Handgun

Mac 10 with a foot long silencer and a rifle scope. Overdone, but functional!

Escape%20from%20New%20York%20movie%20image%20%284%29.jpg

OK I'll play:

Dirty Harry - .44 Magnum S&W Model 29

ROTLA - Indy's S&W 2nd Model Hand Ejector "Bapty" revolver (dropped the swordsman)

LC/CS - Indy's Webley WG Army 1896 revolver w/ bird's-head grip

The Mummy - O'Connells matched pair 1873 Chamelot-Delvigne 11mm French army revolvers

Winchester '73 - duh, it's, like, the whole movie

Sharpe Series - Sgt. Harper's 7-barreled gun

Army of Darkness - Ash's Boomstick

RaiderZee

I've always liked the Smith & Wesson 44 Model 29 (the nickle plated "Sledge Hammer" version) and the good, old Bond - James Bond Walther PPK. I own both, and have modified the grip of the Model 29 with a copy of the scrimshaw version of the Sledge Hammer logo. I love taking that gun to the range... the incredible BOOM and basketball sized ball of flame tends to be a crowd pleaser!

Deckard's blaster is No.1 for me as well but here are some more I really like...

From Public Enemies (and quite a few other films)
Colt Pocket Hammerless
600px-Pe2-colt03c.jpg

Colt Machine Pistol
400px-1911Full.jpg

I know it's not a hand gun but I had to post it anyway :)
M79 Grenade launcher from Apocalypse Now
600px-ApnowM79-2.jpg

Neil

for realisticly possible guns, the auto-9 from robocop
for lazer type guns, the hand gun thing from suburban commando (i'll take a screenshot after dinner)

Hey "Ttaskmaster" ...this is for you (see above response):

This is the original Hammerli 22 pistol as used by Nina (Bridget Fonda) in "The Point of No Return."

http://i46.tinypic.com/106kjsx.jpg

It is one of 2 such pistols that were made up for the film. Both were sold at the famous Stembridge/Little John's Auction.

Cheers.

*the other pistol is one of the Beretta's as used by Mel Gibson in "Lethal Weapon" Series, it also came from the Auction.

Well they we're two-tone USP Tactical's with Match compensators, but I can name half a dozen movies off the top of my head that use that setup.

I was wrong about the .45 they were 9mm. But they are the Match USP not the tactical. The barrel is to short on the Tactical. I wish they still made the match USP, they used to sell for $800 but since they are out of production you cant get one for less than $2,200.

I was wrong about the .45 they were 9mm. But they are the Match USP not the tactical. The barrel is to short on the Tactical. I wish they still made the match USP, they used to sell for $800 but since they are out of production you cant get one for less than $2,200.

Well they've been out of production for almost 12 years so it's only going to get more expensive.

Are you sure they're 9mmx19? I thought that it was popular speculation that they we're the the USP Match model, but the magwell always made me believe they we're Tactical's with Match compensators attatched, since the 'compensator' on the Match's is really just a stylisied Barrel weight.

Walther P99 - The most comfortable gun ever
Silenced PPK - I've got fond memories of playing Goldeneye on the N64 for hours
Joker's two tone full auto modded Glock 17 - INSANE !

Well they've been out of production for almost 12 years so it's only going to get more expensive.

Are you sure they're 9mmx19? I thought that it was popular speculation that they we're the the USP Match model, but the magwell always made me believe they we're Tactical's with Match compensators attatched, since the 'compensator' on the Match's is really just a stylisied Barrel weight.

The USP Match guns used in the movie were 9mm. There is a reversed photo of one in the Tomb Raider Tech Manual. I tried to scan but picture was too grainy. The mag well is the HK jet Funnel. Can be added to any USP but must use special extended magazines. The 9mm magazines hold 18 rounds. The movie guns also had a custom slide release on the right side to make the release ambidextrous.
You are correct about the muzzle attachment being just a barrel weight.

l_262090b96b54452c9aed6b92965f5ff0.jpg

while not exactly a movie handgun i'm quite fond of Rubi Malones custom handgun from the game WET

image1esp.jpg

i'd love one of those.....even if it were just a useless prop.....wouldn't have a clue how to make one though....although i have made a colt 1911 out of wood before...so....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back