Neckties!

Pattern finalized, tweaking colors, approving samples... here's the latest:

smithbowtiesample411-2_zps41077109.jpg

I just want to lighten the "I" color a bit, then we're a go for production.

I'm still struggling to understand why all the extra noise and pattern was added that wasn't on the original.

I get that you are trying to make the tie look more interesting, but I think what most of us really want is a replica of the tie, not a reimagined, souped up version.

Indspilningifuldskrm25-06-2012123343bmp.jpg

Trust me, there is extra weave that you can't see in that photo. I've made enough ties to know how they are made and perhaps our pattern isn't 100% dead-on, it'll be more accurate and a better quality then if we just embroidered the "I" pattern onto flat silk. The black weave is exaggerated by the scan and it will be more subtle in person.

this might come across wrong but here goes:facepalm

in the end if your not happy with Indy's version not buy it

we all see what we want to see, and want to have it made to OUR standard

all in all Indy keep the great work on Dr Who Ties and Bow Ties

Alright guys, cool your jets - I just want an accurate tie like the rest of you.

Indy, I'm only bringing up a concern before you make 500 of them. If you feel confident that it's going to look the way it does on screen, then I'm all good.

From experience, those scans are a very bad representation of real color and appearance. I think it'll look pretty good.

My folks picked me up one of Indy's Swirly ties for my birthday, and it's amazing! I've worn it a few times already and have received several comments about how nice of a tie it is, and these are people who don't realize it's from Who.

This is my third Magnoli Clothier's piece, and I have yet to be displeased with anything I've received from them. 'Looking forward to picking up more ties in the future!

Keep up the good work!

Sean

I work really damn hard to get my costumes as screen accurate as possible. If I'm not happy with an item's accuracy I'll certainly express my opinion by not buying it, but that's a shame. Really all I want is a screen accurate replica of the "I" tie and since I don't have access to fabric weavers or factories overseas I have to look to people like Indy to fill this gap for me.

I saw that scan from Indy and I thought the same things as E-wan, it's noisy and has a lot going on. The original definitely has texture but is pretty simple. Having seen other screen used fabrics for Smith ties I 100% understand where Indy is coming from when he says there is more there than meets the eye. Still, in my opinion, it doesn't look screen accurate. I look forward to seeing more versions, but my enthusiasm is tempered for sure.

E-wan sent his opinion in attempt to assist Indy out with what currently looks IMHO like some not so great design decisions. As we've all seen with some previous ties it's not easy to get these things right without an actual swatch of fabric to work off of so maybe some outside opinions from people like myself and E-wan who have been sitting and staring at these fabrics and ties for hours on end should at least be considered and not simply derided as blasphemy.

Indy provides an excellent service and does great work. I have made purchases with him in the past and will most likely again in the future. But let's be clear here folks, he isn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart. He is a business man. If we're going to give him our money for a replica we should all do our best to make sure it is the best it can possibly be. In the long run that's better for us and him.

I-Tie-Comparison.png

I-Tie-Blown-Out.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back