Neckties!

Fantastic to see everything Who/Magnoli starting to click into place, and even better to see just how well they're all turning out, absolutely top-notch work Indy!

Oh, that Ricci tie looks NICE. Really looking forward to that one too. I'm not a bow-tie kind of guy, but these Tennant ties are all going to be must-haves.

Well, the DW curse continues! I just received about 400 ties from the factory... most of them are not quite right! The new Swirly Ties came out darker than planned and look almost black in some lighting:

extra-image-794.jpg

The new Giorgio Ties have that really cool two-tone blue/brown effect, but the blue seems much stronger than the brown, giving the overall look of the tie more of a blue/grey look than brown:

extra-image-1283.jpg

The grey Giorgio is a really great looking tie, just not brown enough to be a proper DW replica. I'll be offering both of the above through my site at a discounted price. Meanwhile, we'll be doing more runs of (hopefully) more brown versions of the above.

The Hechter Ties are back in stock and ready for shipping...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I must admit, that for personal (non-cosplay) use. I actually prefer those ties, brown ties are often quite hard to incorporate into my wardrobe without it look overtly 70's.

I might just have to pick those ties up...

Also, just for fun, i decided to conduct a small coloyr-changing experiment.

0kGZuT-KgH1Il-XBQHH_ti0L9ZCzTQALqLwKmfef3joa-V3JwFQpne82_l0F2pCTS753H00_tyk

I actually kinda like it, it could be good for a lining in a jacket.

Last edited:
Wow! Can not wait for both finished versions of the brown ties to come out, especially the Lacroix. And this isn't a moan from me but i thought that one of the common complaints was that the burgundy sections were too vibrant? It doesn't bother me but from what i can see they are more vibrant if anything. Or is this just because they are from the dodgy batch of ties?

Also, is the colour gradient in the swirls as noticeable in person? I couldn't remember the original myself so i looked back at Steve Ricks blog and you've nailed the look, but can't help but think that the gradient isn't graduated enough? Again, this really isn't a complaint 'cos i love the ties that much anyway, it's just more of a curiosity really.

There may be one final tweak for the corrected Swirly Tie (again) but for the most part, the general look is what you can expect.

As much as I love the swirly, I was dreading trying to match a brown tie, so that came out really nice for me. Placing an order!

EDIT: Order placed!

Last edited:
The lines in the flowers of the original are certainly not solid. They have an old "wood cut" look to them. And, like a wood cut, when viewed from a distance, lines appear as half-tones.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back