Neckties!

I've never seen that one pop up anywhere. Where did you find it? It's a great close enough, but doesn't pass on close inspection once you see the textured stripes. Still wouldn't mind having one, but I think Magnoli would be able to nail it no problem.

I got it on the bay....probably two years ago, I think. Blind luck. I think I paid $20-$30. I like Paul Smith stuff anyway so it's a tie I will wear with other outfits. Personally, I don't like stripes with the 10 suit, but like I say, it's a cool tie.

What are the other main 10nnant ties we're missing? Thomas Nash/Idiots Lantern, the Partners in Crime one, and the Kenzo one, right?

The Smith Tie will be a self-tie... so if you don't know how to do it, practice on your shoe laces (it's the same method!) and you'll do fine.

Yes... the Ricci Tie too (hopefully!).

The Smith Tie will be a self-tie... so if you don't know how to do it, practice on your shoe laces (it's the same method!) and you'll do fine.

Yes... the Ricci Tie too (hopefully!).

Excellent news on the Ricci tie! That's a beautiful design.

Bow ties - I have a season 5 looky-like that I got in a pre-tied, can't stand having it in the house! I'm kidding, but they are a bit lame, a bit like a clip-on tie. There are enough youtube videos to practice by these days, I would say it takes maybe half an hour of work to get good at it.

Yes, most of the ties being made now should be ready to ship before the end of this month.

Indy, you are a prince among men. Can't wait for this to hit my mailbox.

Bow ties - I have a season 5 looky-like that I got in a pre-tied, can't stand having it in the house! I'm kidding, but they are a bit lame, a bit like a clip-on tie. There are enough youtube videos to practice by these days, I would say it takes maybe half an hour of work to get good at it.

The S5s were all pre-tied, so it's more accurate! :lol

Indy, you are a prince among men. Can't wait for this to hit my mailbox.

The S5s were all pre-tied, so it's more accurate! :lol

Exactly - that's why I got it in the first place. Tying a bow tie is incredibly satisfying once you get used to it, hard to go back! I'm not a snob with this stuff (I hope!) but as it's supposed to be somewhat fancy attire, having a pre-tied seems somehow self-defeating.

Very nice tie - bet it does look great with the suit. That's not the one Tennant wore - his had a smaller, more delicate pattern with leaf-type shapes.

Indy, any images of the Ricci tie that you could share?

Here is a teaser of the Ricci Tie:

fabricsampleofRICCItie2.jpg

First reactions - great colour! That looks good. Also love the weave/texture. Don't know the floral pattern so well so I can't comment on that, but I am definitely looking forward to this one!

Very nice tie - bet it does look great with the suit. That's not the one Tennant wore - his had a smaller, more delicate pattern with leaf-type shapes.

Indy, any images of the Ricci tie that you could share?

Aye I got two kenzo ties, that one and a purple and navy one that looks great with the blue suit and a navy shirt. They're not ones worn by the doctor but the look like the type he'd wear so I'm happy :) Though I'd love for Indy to be able to do a replica of the Kenzo worn by Tennant if he can find more reference.
The Ricci looks amazing btw can't wait.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back