Neckties!

Ok guys... I'm going to leave you to discuss this. Earlier in the thread it is stated that this tie is blue and the purple tones are from the lighting, etc. Now modernboy says it's purple, not blue. I need to know what you guys want before I make a ton of these. So, start discussing, and let me know the consensus.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Hey Indy hopefully I didn't offend you at all. I think we're all looking for the most accurate tie and definitely don't want you to waste your time.

Personally i think if you ca get the colors to match the reference picture I posted you'll be aces. The pattern you have is great so it really comes down to color.

Cheers.

No, it's the silent ones I worry about! ;) I've had other projects where I share updates, get a few people saying "good work" then, after spending thousands on development costs, the "experts" pipe up after production pointing out all the problems! I'd really like to get these right the first time so... if anyone else has any comments, please let me know.

I'm all about giving the collectors what they want. If you want purple, I'll do it purple... if you want blue, we'll make it blue. BUT, we can only do one, so I need the consensus and then we can move forward.

Thanks,
Indy

Personally, I'm a little astounded. The idea of custom recreations of neckties never even occurred to me at all. There are some really cool items in here.

It's not like full Donatello purple, but if you could amp up the purpliness a leetle beet I think you'd be on to a winner.

11Facepalm.png

Sorry to be slightly off-topic, as were currently discussing the bow-tie color(Something i seem to misunderstand). But on an alternative Doctor Who note, how's the Nina Ricci tie coming along?

Just got my V.K. Tie in the mail today, and holy crap, it is AWESOME. I had never owned a knitted tie before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I absolutely love it, and I seriously can't wait to wear it out. Plus, I get to tell my friends I helped name it! :p

In my opinion, its a lighting thing.

This is my opinion as well.
I like the blue sample you showed us.
I doubt the costume designer would go with a purple tie when we see they are clearly trying to match his ties to his suspenders.
Remember, his blue suspenders look purple sometimes in certain lighting...

Indy is right. We need to stop going back and forth on this and make a decision...mainly because I want one....but also in respect to Indy's sanity:)

I'd like to see a proper burgundy tie developed next!!

As much as I appreciate the time and effort Magnoli's put into this, I'd really rather wait until it's right.

The tie isn't a straight up purple, it's a blue with a hint more purple than the sample shown. This isn't just a lighting issue - look at the color of the tweed. In the shots posted, the tweed looks pretty dead on to how it looks in real life, and the tie is blue with just a hint of purple.

Again, all the hard work is appreciated, but there's no sense in leaving it at 80% when it could easily be closer.

Ahoy, I just wanted to throw my two cents out there and see if I could help.

(Original: top, Altered: bottom
oiTnH.jpg

This is a five minute photoshop job showing what, to me, the Doctor's tie looks like in that photograph. I also tried to take into account that the tie does look purple in some shots and closer to blue in others, so I tried to find a middle ground.
Forgive me, I'm really not sure it will help anyone, I'm no expert, but in Photoshop CS5 I upped the red in the picture by 40points and the green by 4points.

Again, not sure it'll help but the debate is going slowly, this might lurch it forward a bit. Is it too much/not enough purple? If anything, I'd say it's too much, but it looks like the photo. Discuss!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back