Neckties!

Pattern on the I tie looks fine, as does the color. The shape of it is important - should be a narrow not to be confused with a slimline.
Could you post a pic of the fabric next to something for size reference?
Looks good to me! And now that I can tie a bowtie very well, I'm excited to get this!

Pattern looks good, but I'm not sold on the color at all - is that final?

Compare this:
Jimmy-Series-6-Blue-God-Coplex.jpg

With this:
smith-bowtie-proto-weave-1.jpg

Agreed with e-wan.
The "I" needs to be a dark blue, and the background a very dark (almost black) blue.
That reference photo also is good for showing the overall size and shape the tie needs to be.

I'm working on getting some better shots of this. Here is an older sample we worked up (the pattern is slightly off, but you get a better idea of the color):

smith-bowtie-second-sample.jpg

I agree, needs to be darker. Also despite the lack of scale reference, from the thread/weave I'd say that pattern looks too big, the I's should be smaller. Can't say that for sure though without something to compare it to.

Not only does it seem to bright, it might also be a bit too shiny? Or is that just me. The color needs to have a slightly purplish undertone too, which that color lacks.

Antother thing i'm curious about is the weight/stiffness of the fabric, because if you look at the real one, it's not only quite stiff, but in the middle it has a rather ditinct fold/crease. But that might all be thanks to interfacing. Also the shinienss, because if you look at the real one, it's either very dull or very shiny. Like you can see her, the line is veru distinct:
10145064_3db753af39_o.png
. Alsooooo, the weave on the real one seems to "jump out" more, but that might just be this picture.

Here is also some reference for how sharp the bow-tie is around the corner
6x02-DayOfTheMoon1232-1.jpg

It might also be tricky to get it to be so flat around the sides.

Last edited:
Can we maybe see a picture of the tweaked color, once it's made, in some different lighting situations. Since the real one also changes color quite a lot, according to the lighting.

Neeeehhhh, the contrast seems to low IMO. The brighter blue seems too blue, and it lacks the strange purple-ish undertones that the "real" bow-tie has. Sorry were so picky.

Yeah the "I" tie simply isn't blue it is purple. Just as the stripes on the "Utah" shirt aren't blue but lavender.

I've not seen a single photo of the "I" that suggests it is blue.

gVjGu.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back