Neckties!

Saw the updated blue suit ties on Instagram. The new Floral tie looks great, and I've already ordered it. But I can't for the life of me figure out the difference in the new Manhattan tie. Can you clue us in?

The Manhattan update is quite subtle. Overall it's just a bit darker and the red is a little less saturated. The lining is also a crisper print of the original. Honestly, it's a small tweak and one you wouldn't notice unless side-by-side, but since these were sold out, we thought it a good time for the update.

I might give it a skip then, if the original kenzo tiw isn't that far off the mark. The blue suit ties are some of my most worn day-to-day. Rasillon did very well with these designs by the looks of things.

I see the Deckard Tie is back in stock...thanks!
I do have a question, how many gray stripes are at the bottom of the tie, and does the tie start with a half stripe or a full stripe?

Ok, those photos are nice! I really love the colors this time around!
However, something that bothers me is the stripes at the bottom of the tie: In the model A (the accurate one), the stripes start with a full stripe, and goes up a total of 5 and a half stripes before the gray starts. On the tie used in the film, it appears to start with a half stripe and goes up three and a half before the gray starts for a total of four stripes. Afterwards, the read and gray alternate every 9 stripes on the half stripe. Finally, I detail I noticed was that the end of the tie narrows down from three stripes to two stripes and ends with the red stripes. Does the production model incorporate these details? I’ll leave a few brightened photos to show you what I see:
0FE295F4-FEB5-4B79-A731-A1E3DB2413AD.jpeg B5A04F94-2FF0-4F68-8F7B-800BA4496511.jpeg 9A47DA21-AEEA-4DBA-B133-B3EB5EFE0ED5.jpeg 4A07F8F2-3DEC-4A3C-8783-92AD61E2A04B.jpeg E61C29F4-4C7B-41D8-85A7-8F574426B796.jpeg DA118664-089A-41BF-B4D6-BF824B9246B4.jpeg 3643F94F-FB3B-46D1-977F-5C1C4BE07884.jpeg 0D2EFF50-73FD-403C-9333-D548A9265A30.jpeg

The tie does narrow on the other end, down to two and a half boxes, not quite down to two boxes though. The transitions occur, like the original, with a full seven boxes, then two half-boxes at either end.

That’s great, but does the transition from the bottom to the top go up four total stripes? I looked at the photos on your webpage and I see it go up 5 and a half, is that a prototype?

I'd have to check in the warehouse if they're all the same, there could be some variation but, more likely, they're all like the sample photo shown on the site.

So I'm sure you've got a number of projects you're already working on Magnoli, but any chance you'd ever do a run of the Christopher Reeve Superman tie?

dda1e03e-123b-4bcf-bdcb-5ce979e147af-jpeg.jpg

b2b28851-24b2-4976-802f-5ac94bd3fd46-jpeg.jpg
GettyImages-578145677-001.jpg

photo credit to RPF user supgreg, the first two are his limited replica he posted pictures of a while back.

We've been wanting to do this tie for a while now, but could never find any really clear images of the original. If you've got any more to share, please do and we'll get started ASAP!

We've been wanting to do this tie for a while now, but could never find any really clear images of the original. If you've got any more to share, please do and we'll get started ASAP!

Sounds good, did some more googling and came up with this, what I think is the only other behind the scenes showing the tie

CW-STM-Reeve-Clark-DP-lobby-Polaroid-NYC.png

And a few more shots of a replica, I think this is what Supgreg has. The pictures were from a site called supermania78 two years ago and say there were only 50 replicas made.

20171103_105826.jpg

20171103_105913.jpg

Super excited for this one

Indy Magnoli , with the newly available BluRay hi-definition discs (new as pertaining to the start of this thread) is there enough detail/interest to start on the 1955 Marty McFly Enchantment Under The Sea tie?
I also second the request for a Shelly Obereon bowtie, since there will be a sequel to the Jumanji remake coming soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back