Neckties!

I really want that one too! And I don't think I've ever been as exited for a tie as I have been for the Kenzo, I can't wait for it to come out.

I might as well do all of the 10th ties! ;) Just wish we had more info on that first one. There is a good shot in the Doctor Who Vault book, but that only shows one part of the tie, so there would be a lot of guess work in reproducing the pattern.

If you did all the Tennant ties, I'd never wear anything else, your replicas are the best ties I've ever had. But I thought that tie 1 had a repeating pattern like the Daniel Hechter?

It certainly has a repeating pattern, but it's larger than the Hecther pattern, more along the lines of the Ricci or Kenzo... a larger repeating floral design.

Dear Magnoli,

Thank you so much for your work. Your Doctor Who costume components have helped me a lot. If you produced a few of Fox Mulder's neckties, I would buy them. All.

Also, I had some criticism of your 11th Doctor Aztec key bowtie.

The colors in the design are essentially swapped: black Is and purple outlining as opposed to your purple Is with back outlining.

extra-image-1534.jpg
7CF3Pwr.jpg

Now this is interesting.

If the look at the right half of the bowtie, the pattern actually appears to change at a certain spot. It's all the blue/purple parts joined together, framing the black parts, then right before the knot it swaps.

Are there any other shots of the tie we can look at?

Strange indeed. This is the shot we primarily used:

Jimmy-Series-6-Blue-God-Coplex.jpg

The (Doctor's) left clearly shows the pattern we reproduced, but the right is out of focus so hard to see if the pattern is indeed reversed.

Are you going to update it (War Doctor Scarf) based on the new reference?

Yes, we're looking at updating the design, though our weavers are not happy about the tweaks...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the pattern. I always thought it was more of a blue with less of a contrast in-between the tessellating Is (The Letter). Whereas Indy's is more like this:Indy Aztec Key.png
I think it should look more like this:Aztec Key Asher.png

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's the black parts being more colourful than they appear that makes it look like they connect.

Sorry, I see what was meant by colours being swapped. The pattern is impossible if both black and blue are perfect I patterns so one has to be hooked. I understand now.

Either this:Aztec Key Asher.png or this:Aztec Key Asher Black I.png

Attachments

• Aztec Key Asher.png
    Aztec Key Asher.png
    556 bytes · Views: 657
  • Aztec Key Asher Black I.png
    Aztec Key Asher Black I.png
    601 bytes · Views: 665
Last edited:
Don't mean to change the subject because I'm actually pretty interested in this bow tie, but I just got the newest rendition of the swirly tie and have been comparing it to both it's immediate predecessor and the embroidered option. It's a very good in between, it's a bit wider than the one prior and is darker than the embroidered one, which is a plus. The only thing that I find isn't a hundred percent perfect is trying to tie it like how it was in "The End Of Time" which the embroidered one naturally does perfectly and I know that the two burgundy yin yang sections are more stout than long, but other than that it's very accurate and my favorite tie in my wardrobe.

Last edited:
Just piping in to say that if you eventually get around to making the Name of the Doctor bow tie, it was actually made of printed silk as opposed to a jacquard fabric.
Im basing this off bow ties currently available from Budd where the bow tie came from, that are made from ancient madder silk.
So basically that bow tie should be the quickest and easiest to produce since its just a printed design

Hey Indy -
Perhaps a long shot but is there any interest in producing the signature Kingsman tie? Seems simple enough but nowhere appears to do anything quite as small in scale. Even the official Mr Porter movie tie-in (no pun intended) tie is vastly different in design to the tie in the movie, being woven as opposed to ribbed. The attached picture is the most detailed screen capture I could get. Eagerly await to hear back from you!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423351660.305446.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back