Neckties!

Someone a few pages back said they had the same tie in an alt color and they were to contact Magnoli. I wonder if that turned out to be correct. I'd love the Kenzo tie. And the Nash as well so count me in on a waiting list for those.

It was Doctoresque Kenzo tie in a different pattern. I don't think it would help with drawing up a pattern. That said, I'm fine with a bit of creative license as long as the bit that shows is right. Does Louise Page have access to her continuity photos from that time?

Thomas+Nash-pattern.jpg

The nash is a little ornate, but it is also a repeating pattern. The utopia tie was the same sort of thing, ornate, but once you get it right you can copy it across the tie.

Was it a different pattern? From the conversation below he says it's the same pattern just different colors.

Have I missed where it was found to be the wrong pattern? If so, sorry to waste time here :/

I know this has been mentioned but I wanted to cast my vote for this Tennant tie from Daleks in Manhattan, Voyage of the Damned and Silence in the Library.

I believe it has been established as being a dark Navy with a burgundy floral pattern.

t-tie.jpg

I'm just resubmitting my vote for this tie ;)
I'm happy to wait for it, as well!

Oh and if you do get around to it, Mr. Magnoli, I've found another tie of the same brand which has the same pattern to use for reference!

Really?! Shoot me an e-mail ASAP!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

The brown Giorgio ties are still being made.

As for that Kenzo source, it was not quite accurate, so not really helpful.

After Gally I'm going to draw up a Kenzo tie, and if Magnoli approves of the artwork hopefully we can go from there.

As for that Kenzo source, it was not quite accurate, so not really helpful.

I think it's the closest we've found, but it's true that I jumped the gun by saying that it was definitively the same pattern. Even looking at the two now I can see they're not exactly the same; I guess I was just blinded by excitement :$

It's my favourite tie, and I really hope someone finds one eventually. At least one of the several that has to be somewhere around the BBC. . .

Really looking forward to the Ricci. I love the black swirly I got for Christmas, it goes really nicely with my charcoal suit. Much better then the canon one works, so that was a good curse for me! I recently got a normal, dark blue pinstripe suit made and the Ricci would go perfect with that, so I can't wait.

I don't think I'll be doing the Dutti tie... too many "close enoughs" out there and I doubt the cosplayers would choose this over the many other more interesting ties...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back