Neckties!

Although i have to say, the contrast between the darker area and the brighter area might be too small. Perhaps it should be slightly brighter? But once again, a matter of lighting i presume.

Yeah, you're right actually. I did try to change that but it was surprisingly more difficult to isolate just the I pattern, the magic wand tool doesn't seem to like me ;)
And I think you're right, indigo is definitely the colour we're after. It's that perfect spot between purple and blue, and one of my favourites.

Here's the pattern i made ages ago on spoonflower, the color still isn't spot-on (it should be slightly more blue) but otherwise it gives a sort of good idea.
Azteckeysmallversion-1.jpg

Looks about the same as the other dupioni's to me. I've definitely found something better, going to have to dye it to make it right, but it's going to look great. I was up in LA yesterday and found a bright purple fabric that had an amazing bark effect, but the blue variety of it was monochrome. It was also a linen, so the weave wasn't the same. Very cool fabric, though.

Looks about the same as the other dupioni's to me. I've definitely found something better, going to have to dye it to make it right, but it's going to look great. I was up in LA yesterday and found a bright purple fabric that had an amazing bark effect, but the blue variety of it was monochrome. It was also a linen, so the weave wasn't the same. Very cool fabric, though.

Is the stuff ypu found a dupioni? Keep us up to date on this.

No, it's a rough spun silk. I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but it blends a blue and a black together. I'll post pictures when it comes in and when I've dyed it.

No, it's a rough spun silk. I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but it blends a blue and a black together. I'll post pictures when it comes in and when I've dyed it.

Excellent.
Let me know if you find out what its called. This has been bugging me for way too long.
I'm hoping we can get a Burgundian tie fabric nailed at some point.

Just to bump this a bit, i'd say this is the color were looking for, My swatch of Shetland Tweed matches the jacket pretty well too, but you can't really measure colors off monitors.

Last edited:
So I watched The Dark Knight again this weekend, and in the "magic trick" scene it looks like Gambol (Michael Jai White) might be wearing the same Nina Ricci tie that David Tennant wears with the blue suit in Doctor Who. Does anyone with better eyes than mine see the same thing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back