My Iron Man Helmet - update 7/12 - More paint

KnightAsylum

Sr Member
I received my final helmet this week - now is the time to get to work. Although I am not known for quick work, I plan to update the thread during the various steps.
This Fettster helmet is beyond nice - cold cast aluminum and just stunning in quality of the sculpt. Although I know the fact it is already the correct color would make it seem like a natural MK2, I actually will be making this helmet my MK3, I will be adding lighted eyes and some paint of course and it should be fantastic.

The Red (Weaselflinger) helmet will actually be made into my Mark 2- And is also a very nice helmet - add the rivet marks and some paint is really all I am doing with that one. I wanted to get 2 different sculpts for the 2 helmets so there would be some differences, some tweaks in design between the 2 development stages for the fictional bases of the helmets designs.

Last but not least is my face mask version (the gold one - also from Fettster) for the preproduction faceplate with the hand writing on it that Tony has in the pre-party scene.

Now, I just have to get to work!:rolleyes

Last edited:
Re: My Iron Man Helmets WIP

Is fettster making a run of his new helmet?! :)

lets not go off topic.

This was a private arrangement between Scott and I.

Glad it arrived ok Scott. Im amazed how close in size me and Weaselflinger got our lids.

now hurry up and get them painted. also, email when you can as i have some tips on how to paint the mrk 2

I will go send that e-mail right now!

I am trying to get some big projects done around the house this weekend as well (trying to get the living room remodel finished and painted before Turkey day.) But I hope at least to get all three helmets trimmed, with eyes cut out before Monday

Anyone interested in Fettster's helmet please just PM him, same goes for the Weaselflinger helmet (whose name I try to change every time I type it to weaselfinger:rolleyes I apparently have some inbred fear of the letter l) Both great guys to deal with and some great helmets to work on.:)

You know, when you put 'em side by side like that, I think I like Fettster's helmet as much as my own (maybe even more)...

Good Luck with the project !

Thanks!
Not much of an update, started getting the eyes cut out, still need some fine tuning, but got the bulk of what I need gone removed. Also threw some primer on the Weaselflinger helmet, and the faceplate.:thumbsup
Now that the holiday is over maybe I can get more done, at least in the three weeks til X-Mas.

Kind of a sad little update, with holidays and being laid-off work last week I have not had much hobby time - but I did the first round of bondo on the Fettster MK3 helmet and the faceplate. and another coat of primer. Still have another stage of putty and sanding to do. The casting of both are top notch, just trying to make areas I cut look good.:lol
I hope to be painting both in the next week. I still have to figure out all the hand writing on the faceplate from the film as well:wacko

I finally finished my Faceplate, here is a shot of it with the papers as I had planned on making a framed display with everything together.:thumbsup

Re: My Iron Man Helmet - last page update - needs some hot rod red!

Well I ended up selling the other helmet and the face mask, but one of the few props that has survived the great laid-off purge sale is this Fettster helmet, I just can't get myself to sell it. I finally decided to do ahead and start the paint.
It is so...shiny:love
A few layers of gold to start with...
68353188.jpg

Just the angle.
Although I am sure there are ones that are fatter, with so many different makers (I have seen some really big ones- I call bobblehead helmets:lol.) I have owned a couple different ones and for me this Fettster - version 2 is by far the most accurate.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back