B-Wing Thread

KAIBURR

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Ron. How's that B coming?

Just wondered if anyone knew exactly which company put out the 1/32 F18 Hornet used for the small wings. I have a mini-craft/hasegawa kit and was curious if this was the one used.
Also as posted on another thread, the Harrier kit was used on one of the main gun's tips.

Nathan
nkhyber@aol.com

This is what Im working on right now

bengine.jpg

Looking SENSATIONAL really!! Moes, great work.

This is probably too late to help you, but Cap'n Freeze, I have very good top, front, side and rear view photos, plus angled views. These are from from the Magic of Myth show. There's over a hundred pics in all.

Many of the pics are mosaicable - eg a top view made up of 11 closeup pics, so there's barely any parallax. I haven't got round to it myself yet, but you can certainly draw uber-accurate blueprints from these, or just get right into building.
icon_smile.gif
Let me know if you're interested, I can post them online temporarily.

Cheers,
Martyn

Moe,

Brilliant as usual. Did you vac form this engine shape for the curvature and panels?

Nathan

Thanks
How I did the curvature... pretty simple actually.
It's build it over 1.5 mm ribs that was attached to a plane sheet. Used 0.5 mm thick styrene for the hull and glued it in layers more or less, then removed the bottom sheet. The ribs gives the curvature. Piece of cake :)

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
staermose wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Hvorfor er den laengste vinge blevet malet blaa??
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Daerfor at den skulle matcha den gula kroppen! Svenska flaggan!
icon_smile.gif

Steve.

Why the big wing is blue...? well,.. I feel it's easier to spot any inperfection when it has a different color than white. We each have our own way of doing things, I did the same thing when I build the Viper Mkll. Small scrathes etc. "pop up" right away if you know what I mean.

STEVE THE SWEDE wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
staermose wrote:
Hvorfor er den laengste vinge blevet malet blaa??
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Daerfor at den skulle matcha den gula kroppen! Svenska flaggan!
icon_smile.gif

Steve.

ROFL Steve.... he he det var faktisk en sjov ide.... Kunne være at Moe, Stærmose du og jeg skulle lave "Den Skandinaviske Star Wars Division" he he

hmmmmm.. var der vikinger i Star Wars ?? ;-)

/Niels

To the guys, who don't read danish.. DOn't mind. There is absolutely no point or sense in this reply ;-)

KrokoHunter wrote:
To the guys, who don't read danish.. DOn't mind. There is absolutely no point or sense in this reply ;-)

Oh, it's okay. We just figured you were summoning Cthulhu's skull to smite the Scandinavian Star Wars Division, there.
icon_wink.gif

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back