LICENSED Halo3 Master Chief helmet, ~ $100... thoughts??

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, what do you all think? It would need to be modded and repainted, for sure. Has built in lights. Looks a little small to me. I've seen it for as low as $99 online.

Halo-Helmet_With_Lights.jpg

more pics here

http://www.80stees.com/products/Deluxe-Master-Chief-Halo-Mask.asp

For the money, thats not half bad at all, i may get one as it goes for our eldest boy, he's Halo insane, make a good stocking filler indeed, lights are a cool feature too!

lee

If you do a lot of modding to it it can look decent I guess. Go to a halloween store and look at it, I personally think its disgusting. But if you're just looking for something cheap and quick then I guess it works.

it's not the worst - but there are a bunch of things wrong with it - mostly the visor. While it looks cool - you'll have a very very limited view of the outside world. Most "professional" master chief helmets here on the thread have a double motocycle visor installed (the top one being cut in the respective shape of course).

The lights are cool - but I would try and add another set of lights to the bottom as well.

Size might be an issue as well

a repaint job and really it could work.

It doesn't look that small, but you can't really tell. My Spase helmet I had was pretty tight, these aren't supposed to be big anyway. Looks like it would be cost effective to modify.

they already have these at the fye and this thing is huge the plus side they do have l.e.d.s on the side. but its not worth 100.00 its kind of flimsy and thin on some parts but for a display piece it would be ok but you would have to replace the visor

Does anyone have a photo of this helmet in the packaging?

There are some on ebay with a buy it now price of $89.99 and some with a buy it now price of $34.99. I don't know if these are the same helmets or not.

I would like to get one for my Son, but i'm in the UK.

Keith.

I just saw a picture of the full getup over at the 405th, and the helmet is...meh. Probably not worth $100, but you could probably do a lot worse. Might be able to switch out the visor and give it a new paintjob and make it look pretty good.

They have at the spirit halloween store a halo costume for 50 bucks. It has the helmet in half, but its fullsize. It would be a good starting point for someone on a lowwwwwwww budget.

I'm still looking for a master chief helmet to give my Son at Christmas, but i need one soon so i have time to get it finished.

Does anyone know who makes a good replica and will respond to PM's?

Keith.

Not bad for the price, but seriously, it is not a great helmet. I suppose you can compare it to something you'd pick up at walmart with a voice changer in it.

BlueRealm Helmets are the only way to go!

MasterChief7.jpg

Either way, rubies goes as follows:

$40 version. Two halves, about the thickness of a Big Gulp lid. DO NOT BUY

$100 version. One piece, crappy visor and horrible paintjob. Not bad for a once or twice costume, but definately not a good prop, certainly not a replica anything. Wayy too wide.

If you want something to keep for a while, try to talk BlueRealm into one.

Last edited:
Blue Relm is the way to go, I have one and hope to have it painted one day
But in a pinch this helmet would not be half bad.
I noticed that you can see the persons face behind the face plate.
See pictures at the link http://www.80stees.com/products/Delu...-Halo-Mask.asp

It looks like that you could add a gold chrome motor cycle face plate
if you removed the one that comes in that helmet.
And you could go one step further and dremel out the low areas
around the sides and leave the raised gold painted grid.
And I would also add two more lights.

TK648

Its not as good as a BlueRealm or Legendary armor by far, but you know what? It SURE IS better than 99% of the pepakura paper craptacular resin mess lids I have seen on some folks heads - would be worth their $50+ bucks to move up.

Its not as good as a BlueRealm or Legendary armor by far, but you know what? It SURE IS better than 99% of the pepakura paper craptacular resin mess lids I have seen on some folks heads - would be worth their $50+ bucks to move up.

I was going to prove you wrong but I got lazy. But theres plenty of helmets that look great and started out as pep. But of course theres also the rest that are not ...too good looking. lol.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back