The Scorpio from Blake's 7

Hey all,
Time to resurrect this thread!
And I think I can get the original build, Ron Thornton in here to post some comments and notes.
Maybe even some new/better res pics.

So far I can confirm the following kits were used:
MPC Falcon
Tamiya Pather Aust A
Tamiya 88mm Flak 36/37
Hasegawa Thor
Airfix HMS Victory

Ron also thinks the DV TIE, Saturn V and maybe Mongram BSG were in his box o bits. Not many kits were used as the budget was super low. He thinks it was 1500 pounds and built in 3-4 weeks.

I'm going to make a parts map soon.

L

So far I can confirm the following kits were used:
MPC Falcon
Tamiya Pather Aust A
Tamiya 88mm Flak 36/37
Tamiya Sdkfz 222/223 (unsure which one)
Hasegawa Thor
Airfix HMS Victory

The HMS Victory? That's quite a surprise!! :)

I see what you mean about not many kits being used - a lot of the Scorpio is panel detailing with a few bits here and there, it's not like a star destroyer that's covered with tons of kit parts.

Indeed it is great to see this thread revived, to my shame I can see how long ago it was started!

I have many kits accumulated and many, many hours of procrastination clocked up!

Not done much else, superb to have new eyes on it.

'Airfix HMS Victory' - didn't see that coming, is it the mast parts?

Cheers,

Andy

Confirmed the Victory was used. I'm sure there are more pieces, but this one is distinctive enough to lock it.
Victory part 1.png

There's 2 scales? Oh :) The one I have pics of is the 1/180th scale.

- - - Updated - - -

On that dish there was Tamiya Sdkfz222/223 and 88mm Flak36 parts that are easy to see. So getting the size of that Victory part should be easy.

I have been collecting the kits for Scorpio-decorating since the start of this thread, so far I've got the MPC Falcon, the Airfix Victory, The Hasegawa Thor (a.k.a. Mörser Karl), Tamiya Panther Aust. G (the "later version" of the Panther Aust A, but the required bits look the same) and I've got a Tamiya 88m Flak 36/37 on its way.

The only thing I don't have is the Tamiya SdKfz kit. Apart from the odd fuel can here and there, the main difference is that the 222 has the large turret on top with the two guns, whereas the 223 has a much smaller turret and that "shower curtain rail" around the top of it! The window hatches differ too.

I may have to resort to buying both ...

Attachments

• Sdfkz_222.jpg
    Sdfkz_222.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Sdfkz_223.jpg
    Sdfkz_223.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 98
I've have both a 222 and 223 but I've yet to lock down what was used. Ron seems to think it was Tan so that would make it the 223 (a popular kit for miniature builders)

I also have both kits, and scans of both, but haven't had the time to find conclusive id's to which one of the two kits was used.

However I'll be "stuck" in an airplane for 10 hours next will. Will probably give me some time to look through the kitscans and the refs :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back