The Scorpio from Blake's 7

That's the thing - I don't think there were any kits then... :unsure

Would the builders of this model have had access to a stuodi scale TIE (I know that's a long shot). How big would the base for the radar be?

The Tie kit most likely used, was the Vader Tie fighter model. That one was available back then. And had the wall sections seen on the other Blake's 7 shown above.

The base of the Radar dish only looks a little like the "rear hatch" of a Tie. I think this could just be a coinsidence.

Thanks for the heads up on the third use of the gun / strutt part Sith Sheriff, I think you are right.

The Vader TIE kit was definitely around, Martin Bower used it on Servalans ship.

So the jury is still out on the use of a TIE hatch on the radar base.

Thanks for the links Si.

I will check them out more thoroughly later.

A quick nose around the airship forum has revealed this:

AMT Akron/Macon Airship - Back in the mid 70s AMT released this kit.

So the dating of the kit would be right, I don't have info on the scale yet.

I also haven't got a picture of the kit, but for comparison here is a photo of the real Akron.

cockpit.jpg

Very close, very close.

Cheers,

Andy

The base of the Radar dish only looks a little like the "rear hatch" of a Tie. I think this could just be a coinsidence.

I agree... And of course the Vader TIE didn't have that rear hatch/engine outlet.

Though (and this just dawned on me)... What was the original kit part that ILM kit-based for their TIEs?

I agree... And of course the Vader TIE didn't have that rear hatch/engine outlet.

Though (and this just dawned on me)... What was the original kit part that ILM kit-based for their TIEs?

I don't know, hopefully somebody does?

A couple more parts have been identified / confirmed.
From a Tamiya 1/48 Panther.

Edit: I've been helpfully informed that Tamiya didn't start making the 1/48 Panther kits until a couple of years ago.

It was more likely a 1/35 that was used.

tank.jpg

Last edited:
It certainly does!

TIE kit parts were certainly used on other ships in the fourth series of Blake's 7.

servalanship.jpg

Those round details with the X's through them in the insets are reminiscent of the wing hubs of a TIE, but I don't think they are actually TIE kit/toy parts. They just look kinda like them.

Pretty sure. I don't think that's a match. The Vader part has six spokes, the command ship part has eight, and an extra circle in the center.

They aren't the wing hubs. The parts on the command ship are the back wall of the Tie cockpit. The part is in the bottom right corner of the picture at Studio Scale that staermose posted.

Last edited:
:lol yes!
I had the wing hub thing stuck in my head so that I was blind to anything else in the pic.

Couple of more IDs... for ya...View attachment 9409

Jedi Dade

Thank you Jedi Dade, very much appreciated. :)

Isn't it amazing how a part can be staring right at you and you can't see it for looking!

To All:

Sorry I haven't been very active in my own thread, but my home PC got a nasty bug and died! I only have limited net access for now. :(

I'm trying to work out the various angles and facets at the moment using cardboard study models, fun for all the family!

Will hopefully post some pics of those when I'm up and running again.

Also have a couple of kits on order that I'm hoping will yield some more identifications!

Cheers,

Andy

Looks like a fun project Andy, it'll keep you busy I'll bet! I'm looking forward to following your progress here, and in person sometime. (Good catching up with ya again the other week!)

Jeremy

Looks like a fun project Andy, it'll keep you busy I'll bet!

Yep, it'll pass the time whilst I'm waiting for my Dalek to grow! ;)

Good catching up with you as well Jezzer.

Hoping to come up to the Smoke soon and see the Movieum (sp?) exhibition at County Hall, looks very good!

Also like to check out the Who exhibition at Earls Court again, it's been extended till early January......I want to see Davros! :lol

Good to catch up again if you're free?

Jonathan also asks any luck on his enquiry??? :)

Cheers,

Andy.

Right back to the Scorpio....

Yep, it'll pass the time whilst I'm waiting for my Dalek to grow! ;)

Good catching up with you as well Jezzer.

Hoping to come up to the Smoke soon and see the Movieum (sp?) exhibition at County Hall, looks very good!

Also like to check out the Who exhibition at Earls Court again, it's been extended till early January......I want to see Davros! :lol

Good to catch up again if you're free?

Jonathan also asks any luck on his enquiry??? :)

Cheers,

Andy.

Right back to the Scorpio....

Yep, give me a shout when you're coming up Andy, the Movieum's definantly worth checking out.

PM'ed ya on the other stuff :)

Jeremy

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back