Doctor Who: Cybermen gun

It wasn't really ready to be pressed, but the table was already set up, and I just could not help myself.
Well I'm very happy with how she turned out, I had it with me today at the east coast prop party but know one knew what it was. I need to show this thing to some "Who" fans and get their response. If you know of a forum that has a lot of Dr Who fans please let me know.
I have to say it looks great finished :eek, real nice job :thumbsup.

My only minor thought looking at it is that the fins on the top (the ones above the trigger) need to be spaced out a little further apart.

whogunfins.jpg

Apart from that it looks pretty spot on (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup.

Try these Dr Who sites out they will definitely recognise the weapon :lol:-

http://www.doctorwhoforum.com/

http://www.drwhocollector.com/default.asp

Roughneckone:cool

Thank you so much every body. There are a few small problems with the proportions, but seeing as my table saw burned up earlier this month there is nothing I can do about it at this time. I'll have to come back to this item at a later date.

Thank you so much every body. There are a few small problems with the proportions, but seeing as my table saw burned up earlier this month there is nothing I can do about it at this time. I'll have to come back to this item at a later date.
As I said, apart from the (very minor) fins problem it looks pretty good to me as is!

Roughneckone:cool

Its fairly difficult to size/scale a prop from photos, I think you have done a teriffic job, and the finished vac form is very cool indeed.
If you paraded it in front of us hardcore Who proppers over here in the U.K. , you certainly wouldnt get nit picked, so pat yourself on the back. Its instantly recognisable as preacher gun.

There are only few who prop websites over here, try http://whoprops.proboards.com/index.cgi

No one in the who world is as picky as the Garrison people are over their Star bores props, if it looks good do it!!!!

In fact Id love a pair of presses myself to add to my who guns .

Well done.

Inspired by MrNotWrongs work , and using Damster and Clanger 68`s photos as refrence,
I decided to build the huge Gun Rose uses in the episode "stolen earth".
This is a Preacher gun like MrNotWrongs but with extra additions shown in Clangers pictures.

I started by printing out some of Damsters photos , and using a picture of Rose holding the gun , and scaling it against my wife who is the same height as Billie Piper, I camu up with a pencil drawing that I cut out to use as a template for the profile.
june09001.jpg

I transfered this to a piece of MDF to use as the backbone of the piece.
june09004.jpg

I then used varying thicknesses of MDF to build up the profile and details.
aug09002.jpg

Then I just continued with the mdf, continually comparing it to the photos on previous pages of this thread and adjusting dimensions as I went along .
aug09005.jpg

aug09007.jpg

Last edited:
Plenty auto filler was used , both as quick setting glue and as filler.
sept09001.jpg

sept09010.jpg

sept09007.jpg

Basically I used the tools and experience from making my Dalek to allow this build to happen.

sept09012.jpg

sept09019.jpg

Its currently finished except for the side decal and stencilled number on the stock.

sept09029.jpg

sept09027.jpg

That's a really beautiful piece, you should be very proud of it. :thumbsup

00MrNotWrong00 has kindly gifted me with a copy of his Preacher gun and I will (in the fullness of time) add the Rose modifications to it, hope mine will come out half as good as the one you have built. :)

Roughneckone :cool

Plenty auto filler was used , both as quick setting glue and as filler.
sept09001.jpg

sept09010.jpg

sept09007.jpg

Basically I used the tools and experience from making my Dalek to allow this build to happen.

sept09012.jpg

sept09019.jpg

Its currently finished except for the side decal and stencilled number on the stock.

sept09029.jpg

sept09027.jpg

I don't know how I missed this ? Beautiful work on that (y)thumbsup:thumbsup.

It turned out great, thank you for sharing those great pics .

Ive built a display stand for it , but still havent got around to the side decal ...

oct09004.jpg

And a picture of it with my Daleks in Manhatten tommy gun.
oct09005.jpg

I'm really impressed with your gun CatfoodRob! Glad you found my pics useful! It makes the time I spent leaning awkwardly over a display cabinet embarrassing my girlfriend well worth it! :lol

Both these builds are fantastic! Thank you for showing them off. I may have to give one a try.

Does anyone know where I can find some reference pics of the Daleks in Manhatten tommy gun? It is just too cool.

Alan

The real deal
1.jpg

My Replica
nov09004.jpg

Same girl.....
nov09011.jpg

She signed my Dalek :love

Did someone mention Daleks in Manhatten ???
zzzclawarm068.jpg

My Replica Tommy gun , based upon photos of an original in an exhibition.(just like my BFG , same methodology )

Wizaedofflight, if you want me to email you all the photos I have of teh tommy gun , just drop me a p.m. with your broadband email addy ...

I know you were ....I just hit the wrong smiley button after the goatee comment ... :lol:lol

These big Dr Who guns are SO cool to play with ..Im suprised more of the American RPFers dont have a go at them .
We had a prop party at a DrWho event recently here in the U.K. and we had quite a few Dr Who guns present. I had my BFG and tommy gun , Birdie had his bolt gun and torchwood guns, and another guy (not a member here) had the Ice Gun that Rose uses in the ep "Girl in the Fireplace"
Trouble is, the display was that mobbed by spectators all weekend, that I dont think we got any photos...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back