Doctor Who: Cybermen gun

This is what I have so far on my Tomb Cybergun. First of all, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm using a cap gun for the flash. Making this one I know not to cut the sides off the cap gun for more flash. It keeps jamming.
As for the body I need to cut off the fins you see on the side of the gun & make a new mid section to replace the fins with on piece.

Tomb Cybergun 01.JPGTomb Cybergun 02.JPGTomb Cybergun 03.JPG

I found this forum as i was asked If i could make a Rose Tyler Cyber gun.
Having not done anything like this before I looked on this forum for advice along with others.
This was the final outcome made out of a £9.00 piece of Polyfoam, Too short lengths of black plastic conduit and Two short length Heating system top up loops.
was a lot of fun to make.
The photo is when a Cosplay Doctor nabbed it of Rose to play with.

Untitled.png
Thanks again for all the info to build this.

Update on my Tomb Cyber gun:

I replaced the big back handle with a small & thinner handle.
Tomb Cybergun 04.JPG

3/4" PVC pipe & 12, 11" 28cm Tervis straws for the barrel
Tomb Cybergun 05.JPG

3/8" OD x 1/4" ID Vinyl tube for the coil on the end
Tomb Cybergun 06.JPG

My trouble will be how to put it all together.

Another update. :D

I finished the selector looking spool on the back, & now working on the fine coil on the barrel. I used reversed ducked tape on the inner part of the barrel, stuck the straws on it then placed another piece of reversed tape to put on a fishing line for the small spool of wire. I will be painting it silver. I was thinking of using a silver wire found over at the Hobby Lobby.
index.php

index.php

I put on the fishing line on the wrong way. I was going to start at the back & wind to the front then tape it down with electric tape. I noted this problem after reviewing a printed image of the gun.

I am having trouble figuring out how to get to my cap gun for reloading. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions?
index.php

I made the gun so I could brake it open to load the caps, but the cutting was a masker. I had to keep cutting slices to fit the cap gun, I had to cut pieces to let the barrel bend far enough to get to the caps. It' was still small & had to pinch my fingers tight to get to the cap gun replace pin. Once I get this colored I'm going to make another using a magic flash gun.

I made the gun so I could brake it open to load the caps, but the cutting was a masker. I had to keep cutting slices to fit the cap gun, I had to cut pieces to let the barrel bend far enough to get to the caps. It' was still small & had to pinch my fingers tight to get to the cap gun replace pin. Once I get this colored I'm going to make another using a magic flash gun.
Can flash cotton be ignited by a gas barbeque sparker?
Tomb Cybergun 010.JPG Tomb Cybergun 013.JPG Tomb Cybergun 014.JPG Tomb Cybergun 011.JPG Tomb Cybergun 015.JPG
I added a ring on the back of the gun, seen on the dial in the screencap's.
Tomb Cybergun 016.JPG

The tube I bought was too big & was difficult to coil on the gun, so I used an aquarium tube for the front coils.
Tomb Cybergun 018.JPG Tomb Cybergun 019.JPG

Your opinion, what looks better, with or without the tube on the handle?
Tomb Cybergun 020.JPG Tomb Cybergun 021.JPG

Every time I see the scene were Jamie fires the gun. The flash in the middle of the gun takes its time to fade. Did they use a combination camera strobe & flash gun? When I make the one with the flash gun I'll have to pull back the flash tube so it flashes in the middle & still able to fire out the bare.

Oh! BTW I will be loading a youtube video of the test firing of this gun soon.

Im working on a Tumb Cybergun with a disposable camera strobe. Anyone know of any other strobes, like LED strobes. Somere I can buy one or make a simple one out of some LED's & a 555 timer chip diagram kit.

This is what I have so far.

index.php

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back