Found/ID'ed it. Coat ID from The Unit (on CBS)

cheech9898

Sr Member
Got an email update from a friend in the military that said he'd go through his old catalogs and he has ID'ed it. It's a d/c'ed Tru-Spec jacket model 1920 5-pocket. Just updating the post here so if anyone else wanting the info can find it. Now to just locate a surplus store that may have some still.

Just wondering if anyone can ID the black jacket/coat Jonas Blane wore in the episode "Five Brothers"?

unit.jpg

It's not an off the shelf M65 variant that I can find, if it is even an M65 Field Jacket variant since it doesn't have the shoulder epilets and has the upper sleeve pockets. I've Yahoo'ed and Googled myself to death trying to find it. Hoping someone here with military service or at least military clothing knowledge can help with identifying it.

Last edited:
Re: Coat ID help needed from The Unit (on CBS)

There's a lot of military inspired designer clothing as of late. It's been a trend, especially in outerwear, for a couple years now. My guess would be it's not military issue at all. Costume designers oft like to use designer stuff because it fits the actors better than cheaper stuff or military spec stuff. Think like Tom Cruise wearing Paper, Denim, and Cloth jeans and a $2000 leather jacket in War of the Worlds as he plays a dock worker.

It broadens what you'd have to search but I'd open it up to military surplus inspired designer jackets. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I browse the Designer sites too looking for military style jackets fairly regularly hoping that one of them does what R. Lauren did w/ his polo line and offer a WEP flight jacket again. I haven't seen anything like this one.

What makes this field jacket odd is it seems is the upper front pockets are angled, like a vintage Vietnam BDU/fatigue shirt. But I can't find any vintage, reproduction, or designer field jackets with the angled pockets & sleeve pockets.

PDVD_023s.jpg

Last edited:

Never mind. I was thinking you ID'ed a different coat and were still trying to ID the one pictured below.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back