MR Announcement- Ghostbusters Props

Pauleysolo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just got this in my email box:

page_title.php

get_image.php

“This is big, Peter, this is very big. There is definitely something here.”
Master Replicas is pleased to announce its forthcoming line of prop replicas based on Columbia Pictures’ hugely popular film franchise, Ghostbusters.
"We are extremely excited to be able to enter the Ghostbusters paranormal world”, explains CEO Michael Cookson “If you’ve always dreamed owning an officially licensed “unlicensed nuclear accelerator” or are just looking for innovative collectibles that will remind you of the legendary antics of Ray, Egon, Peter and Winston, the Master Replicas range will offer a wealth of choices.”
Working closely with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Master Replicas will work its magic to ensure authenticity and accuracy. Master Replicas initial Ghostbusters product range will include authentic limited edition prop replicas as well as a few “surprises” just in time for the 25th anniversary of this pop-culture property.
The “keymaster” and “gatekeeper” are conspiring to release the first wave of products in May 2009. For a complete listing of products and a few “sneak peek” images, please visit us at http://www.masterreplicas.com/ on Halloween (October 31st) 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's one thing I hate, it's a "We're announcing that we'll be annoucing something!" announcement.

Master Replicas' best days are long behind it. They died when the "money" nerds chased out the "imagineer" nerds.

Sideshow, on the other hand, continues to impress.

JAS

my guess? Scaled replicas. I don't see them making 1:1 proton packs, traps, goggles or anything. I'll bet we see a scale Ecto1, and maybe some 1:6 scale props and dioramas. That would fit with the corgi model,and they could probably use some existing dies.

I was excited when I saw this announcement, thinking I'd finally be able to get a ghost trap and PKE meter, but then I, too, remembered that Corgi has a love for the scaled stuff... =(

Seriously, Corgi is killing the MR name... Almost nothing has come from the Halo license (aside from the upcoming plasma sword), and the Nintendo license so far has been wasted...

I will be interested to see what they come out with. Although to be fair I don't collect scaled stuff, still I would love to see some 1:1 scale:)

Yea, a 1/1 proton pack would be a surprise to me. It would be an expensive one for sure! Now, I wouldn't mind a scaled one, (sense I already have my own 1/1). :) I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1/1 trap and/or PKE meter.

Can't wait to see what's coming!
-B89! :D

Last edited:
I agree, corgi is killing MR, but I for one am looking foreward for props from MR,even scaled at this point will be cool, since there is no ghostbusters stuff anywhere!

The “keymaster” and “gatekeeper” are conspiring to release the first wave of products in May 2009.

Sounds like a couple of statues to me. Not that it's a bad thing if they give us something that hasn't been done before but I would have been happier to see them start with a prop replica.

I have to agree...while I'd love to see a 1:1 proton pack, I don't think GB has the following to justify mass production of a piece that complicated and large. Here's hoping though!

Sean

I hate to be pessimistic but... How many of these actually made it out the door this year?

page_title.php

The wait is finally over! We are revealing the first glimpse of our exciting line-up for 2008! The list below is just a small sampling of the exciting products that will be headed your way next year. There will be many more exciting replicas announced throughout 2008.
So without further ado, here is your Master Replicas 2008 product plan!
STAR TREK
• Assult Phaser LE
• Tricorder LE (from Next Generation)
• … and many more classic and new items, including products from the upcoming film!
NINTENDO

• Zelda Power FX Sword
• 1:1 Ocarina of Time LE
• 1:1 Majora's Mask LE
• 3 Sets of Twilight Princess Scaled Replicas

HALO

• Halo 3 FX Plasma Sword
• Halo 3 Scaled Replica Weapons
• Halo 3 Scaled Replica Helmet
• Halo 3 18" Articulated Master Chief Figure

JAMES BOND

• The Golden Gun LE
• The Golden Gun SE
• Underwater Breather LE (from Die Another Day)
• Wrist Dart Gun LE (from Moonraker)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

• 1:1 Colonial Pilot Helmet Replica LE (Original Series)
• 1:1 Colonial Pilot Helmet Replica SE (Original Series)
• 1:1 Cylon Helmet Replica LE (Original Series)

DISNEY CLASSICS

• Snow White 3-D Movie Poster
• Pinocchio 3-D Movie Poster
• Fantasia 3-D Movie Poster
• Dumbo 3-D Movie Poster

THE MUPPETS

• Set of 5 "Muppets Moments" Figurines -- feat. The Electric Mayhem Band
• Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet

KINGDOM HEARTS

• 1:1 Scale Keyblade Replica
• 4 Scaled Keyblade Replicas
• Set of Kingdom Hearts Resin Mini Busts
… and much, much more!!! Stay tuned for future updates!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, they really DON'T have a good track record of delivering. I didn't really realize how bad it was until I saw that list. Yikes.

Meh...

Ummm...well, what am I supposed to do with a scaled down proton pack?

Personally, I like to collect 1:1 props that I can, actually, play with, use or wear at occasions, like Halloween. Miniature prop replicas just never appealed to me.

Last edited:
Cautiously hopeful... Maybe we'll finally see a ready-to-go PKE meter.

(it only took a quarter of a century...)

-Sarge

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back