Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica?

Thanks guy's

Latest is that the head is now complete with the horns removed for casting & the armature has been adjusted in a few places, clay blocking has started & we have decided to do 2 test versions, in foam latex & silicone. Pics to follow :cool

since these shots of the revised Armature where taken the head has been repositioned back & lower & the body clay sculpt has started. The dark spots on the head are from the oven. The hips & shoulders have been narrowed slightly & the spine extended. I'm hoping to have the an update on Monday of the full Taun sculpt

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

That is so cool! I cannot wait to see the next stage!

Thanks for sharing this project with us!

-David

Absolutey beautiful!:eek amazing.
This has inspired me to start on a project costume I was considering. Imagine walking around on a relatively full size Tauntuan. You know, like you are Han or Luke, fake legs in a saddle, with your real legs on jumping stilts! Was gonna start with the head, if it's worthy you could display just the head and neck mounted on the wall like taxidermy. Watcha think?

I did see a Taun Head sculpt on the Prop store of London site a while back, this was done taxidermy style & it did look pretty cool. The costume does sound like a tough project but a great idea

You need to become a member over at stopmotionanimation.com (if you aren't already).

I know this project isn't meant for stopmotion use, but I know the gang over there would love to see the work, especially since you are using a Tom Brierton armature.

Probably the general puppet making forum but it could go into sculpting.

It's hard to tell, but the head seems a bit large for the armature. Like I said, it's really hard to tell, but that's what I'm getting from these pics.

It's hard to tell, but the head seems a bit large for the armature. Like I said, it's really hard to tell, but that's what I'm getting from these pics.

It is deceptive without any weight on the body, my first thought was it was too small!!!!! I have 100% faith in the sculptor & his abilities :love

Love the new pics Guy, head looks fine to me, your man has amazing talent buddy, awesome to see it standing upright like that!

lee

Thanks Lee, I had a big old chat with him over the weekend & we are looking for a finished item before Feb :eek, he reckoned the armature was about 75% correct, it was only made in a week & with little ref so that aint bad. My guy has the skills to amend the armature as he works so it should be spot on as of now. I cant wait to see the full body sculpt this week, & then the casting can start :eek:eek, I think I will cry when this arrives through the door :cry:lol

Guy, ill be sobbing right there with ya LOL, this really is that cool, its just never been done, and at this level, never will be again, dying to see the body sculpt....its all very exciting!

lee

Oh, boy!
Oh, boy!
Oh, boy!
Oh, boy!
Oh, boy!
Oh, boy!
Great stuff, Guy!! Really looks the part, the dims and proportions are superb to my eye!

I have to say Allan that thats the final head cast & it has come out amazing, the detail is all there & looks perfect the body should be done in the next few days.

It's looking great, although I think the head still looks a little big. Don't get me wrong as I think it is an AWESOME job!

Drool.....my god thats stunning Guy, really just, WOW! Have to say, this is probably the coolest SS subject ive ever seen, forget your ATST's and X wings yada yada...this is so original and so well implemented!

Its perfect so far Guy, and that head looks fine :rolleyes So dont stress over a thing buddy, your guy has you well looked after....yep this did bring a tear to the eye LOL.

lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back