Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. Finished Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke on Tauntaun Stop motion replica. New Luke V2

Wow a tauntaun pack ! Im very envious Guy, he's doing an awesome job !

Thanks chaps, I'm really really looking forward to seeing the first 3 all saddled up with the Lukes on. How would you display this, in a case or Hoth scene with snow etc etc?

If I were fortunate enough to own one of these fantasic beasties.....I'd create a snow base that the back leg attaches to, pose the critter in mid running stride and keep it under an acrylic base. that would be so awesome. I think I'd also create a wintery scene for the back side if I displayed it against the wall, but if it's to be walked around, just the clear cover. :)

Thanks chaps, I'm really really looking forward to seeing the first 3 all saddled up with the Lukes on. How would you display this, in a case or Hoth scene with snow etc etc?

Just like a prop, with one of the leg screwed to a rougly cut wooden base... And I would build a set with snow to play with it ! :love

I love the pack as well! that pic is amazing! I would like to see more TT though :)
re base .. I am with Julien.. I would go for a minimal display base... either unpainted wood base (maybe polished wood) or (better) black wood base as seen in the museums during the exhibit.. the white fur would provide a nice contrast. An acrylic case would be required to keep dust away form the fur
cheers

If I were fortunate enough to own one of these fantasic beasties.....I'd create a snow base that the back leg attaches to, pose the critter in mid running stride and keep it under an acrylic base. that would be so awesome. I think I'd also create a wintery scene for the back side if I displayed it against the wall, but if it's to be walked around, just the clear cover. :)

Your more than welcome to join the club if you want? :cool

Its a tough decision, & one thats going to need sorting very soon. I just heard from Jim & we have the very first fully completed Taun & Luke with everything. I haven't gotten the pics yet but what a wait its been. I feel like a proud Dad. Its been around 11 months in the making & boy has it gone fast, the support for me with this project has been incredible & I cant thank you all enough. Its not over yet but its damn close. I'm so so so looking forward to these pic's & I know a few of you are to :love

Its such a weird thing reading back my first few posts about wanting to do this & knowing what was going through my head. What a miracle it was finding Jim, I dont think it would've been half the project without him or even any project? He has been a true legend all the way through this & I hope we can do more things like this very soon. Even a few months down the line there will be a Taun update that I think you'll all like but thats for later. And i have to say, for what it cost's to purchase one of these works of art, it has to be the best value for money I have ever had ........... So come on Jim send those pic's mate?

What can I say ..................................?

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01108-1.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

What can I say ..................................?

Well you could say: Damn i forgot to paint that *****n saddle :lol

No seriously this is beyond awesome!

Philip

Man that Luke is awesome on that beastie. I'm quite impressed. :) That would be such a nice addition to anyone's Props display.

Dave

Unbelievable!!. What a display piece Guy!. I love the fur, it looks just incredible. Jim's done this prop full justice in every possible way, work like that is very rare indeed, you must be a very proud Daddy Guy lol?.
Stu:love

Cheers fellas, I cant praise Jim enough for the sheer amount of Time, effort & pure talent he has put into this project for me. It will be an amazing day when it arrives at my door. I also treated myself to a new tattoo today, got my avatar (B wing logo) on my inner left wrist........ Falcon cockpit on my elbow next!

IMG_0066.jpg

Last edited:
A quick note to everyone that has shown interest in maybe buying one of these, please please please don't feel you have let anyone down if you no longer want to get one or the time is wrong etc. This was always a project ment for myself & would've happened even if it was just the one being made. Please feel free to let me know if still want to get one or would like to be taken off the list.

Another great tatoo Guy !

The finished pics are awesome if there would be any spot left.... hmmm I wouldnt know what to do, save money for the wedding or buy it ?!!

Kudos Guy, you've leaded this project like a master !

Thanks Julien, will you be around on the 2nd-3rd of Oct? I'm in Paris with RL at a festival at the Zenith? It would be great to catch up or maybe come & see your museum :)

Thanks Julien, will you be around on the 2nd-3rd of Oct? I'm in Paris with RL at a festival at the Zenith? It would be great to catch up or maybe come & see your museum :)

Hey Guy, yes Ill be here at this time, would be great indeed to meet you again ! Argh if you come at home it means I have to clean up my messy workshop :lol

Great news mate. I dont wish to invite myself but it would be awesome to come & see your work? we are due to get the Eurostar back on the Sat but I would stay another night so we could hang out and be nerds, hows that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back