Millennium Falcon cockpit 1:1

KnightAsylum

Sr Member
I did not want to de-rail the thread about the Falcon's computer console but it made me wonder how many folks have built a 1:1 scale falcon cockpit. I am sure it has been done a few times, I did a google search but ended up with a lot of model sized ones, and F16 cockpits. Anyone know of any lifesizes ones built.
I think that would be the ultimate (yet realistic in size for ownership) prop for me. I guess it is possible, just not sure where to start :confused

P.S. When I was a kid I designed a house shaped like a Vader helmet, the mouth grill opened down like a ramp for your car to drive up into with 2 levels under the helmet and the eyes for the living room windows.:rolleyes

I was just thinking about this the other day! How weird. My wife has never seen Star Wars (and I married her anyway). We've been watching them and I started to think how cool it would be to have a 1:1 scale replica of the Falcon cockpit.

I was thinking it would be best to start with the seats. I could reuse them in other areas of the house. :p

Well they have the Bose sound system ride going around with the WSMI exhibit but it's no where near accurate. There are major differences between ANH and the rest of the trilogy so picking one would be the first step. There are probably more/better references for the ESB/RoTJ cockpit and the ANH one but I think the ANH has more found parts.

Lucky for me (and my wallet) I am also not very worried about it being perfect, If I could come close, so it looks good in person that is all that matters to me, it does not have to be screen accurate down to every button and switch.
I have the plans from the old Star Wars Blueprint set, not sure if the measurements are right but I guess that would be a place to start figuring things out.:thumbsup

Hi Gang,

I stumbled across this thread and was wondering the same thing... Has anybody done a replica 1:1 scale MF cockpit? Then I got to thinking...

I dont think most people would be able to replicate the cockpit without knowing what all the different parts, buttons, lights, switches, etc... Anybody with basic building skills could create a shell... but the parts??? Where do we start? And where do you put it when its done? : )

Does... or better yet... HAS anybody taken the time to identify the various parts? I know of at least a few automotive dash parts. With Steve Starkiller's ABSOLUTE PERFECT 3D rendering of the cockpit, we can take / scale measurements and create all the basic panels.

So... who's up for it? : )

G

lol you're about 2 years too late. You should definitely check out SofaKing's Epic thread. It's the biggest thing to ever come out of the RPF in my opinion.

Greg (Sofaking) has been doing some amazing work... I think him and Chris Lee have been working together (But Chris has been doing it about 6 years now if I'm not mistaken) and he's made a full scale cockpit so far as well. But he's attempting to build the whole ship 1:1 scale! I know him and he team of volunteers have finished the cockpit, the quad cannon and a couple of other bits and pieces. You can find all their amazing work here: http://www.fullscalefalcon.com

OH WOW! I forgot about this thread! Funny thing... I posted a comment a month before I jumped in and started the build! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back