Brazil Ministry of Information Logo Pin

Backlight

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've done the requisite searches and digging, but haven't found anyone who is making a replica of the Brazil Ministry of Information logo pin. Michael Palin wears it on the pocket of his smock:

palin03.jpg

Here's a closer look at the logo itself:

logo02.jpg

Anyone know if anyone is making these? Or if anyone would be interested in making these (hint, hint)? Thanks!

-- Backlight

Resurrecting this because, well... I was going to post it!

I'm working on putting together a "Jack Lint" (Michael Palin) Information Retrieval costume, and have been looking for info on this pin. Haven't turned up much.

Any talented folks here that could make a few of these Ministry of Information pins? (Pretty please!)

Here's a link to a vector of the logo:
Brazil-MOI-logo.svg

Damn! Here I thought I was the only one doing a Jack Lint costume! After putting it on the back burner for at least 6 Halloweens in a row, I'm finally starting work on it (as well as the interrogation mask). Should have known some nuts on the RPF would have the same idea as me!

You're amongst good company, Duck.

We're all a little nuts! :lol

Soooo....
Anyone with an appropriate skill-set interested in helping a couple of Ministry of Information interrogators with acquiring a pin? :)

"Confess quickly! If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating."

I'll take a crack at it. Redrawing a clean version of the logo as I write this. Pretty sure I can get metal/enamel pins done. Just a question of how much. I keep you updated.

I've got access to a CNC laser engraver/cutter if y'all need it cut out. How large is it, approximately?

Also, the SVG posted has some tracing errors in the center & top sections.

I've got access to a CNC laser engraver/cutter if y'all need it cut out. How large is it, approximately?

Also, the SVG posted has some tracing errors in the center & top sections.

Please explain errors. This is just a reference I am going buy to create new, clean artwork. These will be metal/enamel pins, so really no need for laser cutting. Thank you for the offer. I'll keep you in mind for laser cutting. Thanks!

Interest thread located here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=73303

Last edited:
Please explain errors. This is just a reference I am going buy to create new, clean artwork. These will be metal/enamel pins, so really no need for laser cutting. Thank you for the offer. I'll keep you in mind for laser cutting. Thanks!

Interest thread located here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=73303

I think it's just a quick and dirty trace, is all-
MoI_pin.jpg

If that's your re-drawn version in the interest thread, it looks great :D Also, if it's about 12mm tall, the detail isn't nearly as important.

I think it's just a quick and dirty trace, is all-
MoI_pin.jpg

If that's your re-drawn version in the interest thread, it looks great :D Also, if it's about 12mm tall, the detail isn't nearly as important.

Ah, you would be referring to the PNG file out on Wikipedia. That looks like an Illustrator Live Trace example. Absolutely no detail and the line work has been destroyed. I'm using the other art I posted as a guide for newly drawn artwork that I am doing. I'm looking to see if there might be an even higher resolution example for reference. You are right about the detail not showing up as the pin will likely be only 1 inch.

Howdy all. Did anyone ever find someone who can make this pin? Looking for one by the beginning of Sept. 2016. Hope someone can point me in the right direction!

I know that this thread is really really really old, but I'd love to have one of these pins and I haven't found anybody selling them anywhere. Just curious if there are any leads.

Found this photo of a supposed prop pin-
Thanks. That seems to be the closest to a clean image that maybe can be recreated, although I wonder what the actual origin of that photo is. I found it too and it seems to be the only pic of its kind.

I also discovered while searching that Kropserkel is making a pin now, although it looks like it might be laser cut and etched plastic. I am looking for an enamel pin and might bite the bullet and just pay the money to have a place like wizardpins do it since others don't seem to be available.

Last edited:
Very cool!
Can you detail the getting in made in hard enamel bit please? I didn't think such a thing was possible for a single item [ie not being forced to get a minimum order of 50 or some such] ...

Very cool!
Can you detail the getting in made in hard enamel bit please? I didn't think such a thing was possible for a single item [ie not being forced to get a minimum order of 50 or some such] ...

lol Yeah... sooooo I actually got 50 made :lol::lol::lol: It was like, I have really wanted this pin and I wanted it to feel real and not like a toy. So I just went for it Seems silly, but after all these years it seemed like the only way I'd get one.

lol Yeah... sooooo I actually got 50 made :lol::lol::lol: It was like, I have really wanted this pin and I wanted it to feel real and not like a toy. So I just went for it Seems silly, but after all these years it seemed like the only way I'd get one.
Hi, are you planning so sell any?

Hi, are you planning so sell any?
I probably will. I don't have the time right now to deal with it, but it would probably make sense for me get an RPF membership that will let me sell stuff in the Junkyard so I can recoup some of my costs lol and, you know, share with anybody who's interested. I'll post a followup if/when I do.

Or just chuck a multi-listing on ebay? Might be easier if you don't want to pay for premium member just to sell a single small run ... of course, if you have plans to do other cool stuff, well, that's different :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back