Partners On New Voyager Tricorder Build.

JoeRalat

Hey I just seen this cool sketch of a Tricorder that was going to be built for Voyager, but was never made. I wanted to see if anyone would like to partner up and build it. I was going to make all the graphics for it and some of templates in Illustrator, to be used to have the parts laser cut.

Here are the photos of the sketch.

interesting degin, but is it me or would that be a little awkward to carry. The way the left side sort of bows out looks like it might make it to wide to fit into a hand comfortbly. Maybe some the overall widith smaller but i still think it looks awkward.

looks like they used that as the basis for the endgame. Still kind of a neat design, not sure about the curved right side though. Good luck with the build!

Hey I just seen this cool sketch of a Tricorder that was going to be built for Voyager, but was never made. I wanted to see if anyone would like to partner up and build it. I was going to make all the graphics for it and some of templates in Illustrator, to be used to have the parts laser cut.

Here are the photos of the sketch.

I can do them for you. Just let me know!:love

Thermal

I love the indented buttons on the side and how they will show when the unit is closed, but might be kinda hard to cast, hope these will be left in the final product!

voytri2.jpg

Yeah, I liked that design too. And its interestinghow it got evolved into the Endgame Tricorder. Incidentally, this sketch was on eBay........

This might be a pretty cool project!
Not to hijack but maybe this will be the beginning of a custom tricorder era... that would make me smile! But I always wondered if anyone was ever going to do the prototype for the mark x that HMS came up with first. It was the one with the elongated sensor array... pretty close to a mark x but I always imagined it would be more narrow and smaller than the final mark x.

Hey, I am cool to with talking about both props. Will help keep the thread running. Just to let everyone know, I am working on this and I am thinking of also a Medical Versions of this prop. I would like the back of this tricorder to be the same as the Voyager versions. With a screw back, So you can open it. Also I was thinking of adding a Ipod nano to the prop. Use the screen and add some animation to it. I think it would be cool to see. :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back