"Aging" a T-shirt

I assume you mean the fabric, and not a print? Try electric sanding it, carefully. I leaned into my belt sander and it roughed up my shirt pretty well.

Scott

Hot water, a cup of kosher salt, and half a cup of washing soda(look by the baking soda). Wash, rinse, repeat. May want to use the laundromat

As far as logos go, you may have to break out the fine grit sandpapaer. They're tougher than they used to be.

I forgot what magazine I got this from info but it works.

Probably not, I've never had a problem. Just don't know how the salt would react with different material wash basins(stainless, coated, plastic). Wouldn't want anyone ruining their washer and blaming me.

Use the laundromat, his method works but your machine's not up to it. Throw in some old tennis shoes with it. Take an X-acto and scrub the neck and arm bands back an forth to wear em out. All my old shirts have little holes all in the belly too. I think it's from the navel tumbleweeds that my belly button makes every two hours. Start with a cheap shirt. We've used old Thrift Store Shirts that are hammered already and made the screen print design itself distressed. Old Navy and those kinda places are doing that right now for fake Bar and Grill type shirts. It's super easy in Photoshop. No weathering needed. Find a place that sells clothes by the pound and you can get some great pre-worn out crap.
Laffo

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back