Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

The next jump in my progress.
I made the cubbies with lap joints for added woodworking.
All that is left is:
Placing the drawers that need to be glued and fit in place.
The carvings. If anyone has the graphic for the front of the lid that would be great.
Hardware and weathering.
36149527_457214431368635_4137008852803518464_n.jpg

Thanks. Adam's plans and a bit if figuring it out on my own. If i were to make it again i would make a few changes to the way I did it to try to have the finger joints in the front and lid. but overall I am very happy with it.

Wayne,

Mine is oak but I used no finish. Try it on scrap wood left over if you can and see how it looks. Could try it on the inside of the box where it will be hidden by the contents.

bcf7b0dc7b2726b44b00787f110cd484.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is where I am with my box. I went with a single coat of Tung oil. I am making as many of the items inside as I can.I am going with the more interesting items from the concept art and found objects that fit the vibe. I have a plan for books when time is available. finding a couple salt glaze vessels is tedious. ebay is outrageous and my local antique shops are not coming up with any.
41977774_252288138806485_3571171034556668070_n.jpg

Here's a vector file of the text for the front of the box (with a GIF preview). It's not perfect but it's as close as I can get with the reference available. One day I'll find enough time to make one of these myself.

Brooms-Box-Vector.gif

Attachments

• Brooms Box Vector.pdf
    751.2 KB · Views: 157
It is old english. there is a link in the thread if the font isn't in your computer. I had a laser engraver cut it in for me. He did 3 passes. I think 2 would have been enough.

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

Last edited:
Hello - I recently came across this thread and completely obsessed with the Broom box! Unfortunately, I do not have any woodworking skills so I'm hoping to find someone who is interested to do a custom-made box. I hope this thread is not completely dead yet but please message me. Thank you!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back