Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

Found the Ty Ellingson's art for the box.

Box1.jpg

Box2.jpg

Box3.jpg

Box4.jpg

Finally, check out Tim Arp's magnificent charms posed all together in a natural habitat. Like they've been waiting.
:D They couldn't have a more perfect home.

Ya know, there's a slight possibility that the box and contents could have been put together by one of the craftsmen over in Prague.

Let me see if I still have any contact info for the Prop Master - I dealt with him directly when I did the stuff that I contributed to the film. He might have some information about the box.

The "Making Of" book only has the TyRuben Ellingson concept drawing (but it's still an awesome book, and well worth having).

What's really lovely is how faithfully the prop artist followed Ellington drawings. Tim, if you come up with anything, I'll scream. Funny about you saying it's found a perfect home. I mean look at my sculpture on my website. So close in form and aesthetic. I almost want to complete it, and make a little film about it. I don't know.
I also plan on making all dimensions available to the RPF in case anyone wants to make their own. Maybe a lasercut kit? wouldn't be THAT hard out of 2 or 3 thicknesses of marine ply. Use the same laser to raster cut the latin in the front...

I just asked for a bid from a bookbinder in replicating one of the books for me (actually two) so I could replace books 2 and 5.

Congrats, Adam. That's a great piece.

Don't spend too much cash trying to track down the brown bottles. Those salt glazed stoneware ink bottles are popping up all over the place in the primitive antique markets in here the midwest. They can be had fairly cheaply. Below is an example that I picked up a couple of months ago. It's about 3 1/4" tall, 1 1/2" diameter a the base and looks to be a very close match to one of your box bottles.

If you can't find some in your area, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can scare up around here.

inkbottle.jpg

(Thanks for the image hosting, Wackychimp.)

I actually have some leather embossing plates with the BPRD logo on them for when I made some leather briefcases. I should break them out and do something with them.

Like make me some patches for my hellboy coat? Like that? Wow. Seriously great work guys. That woodcut looks fantastic. Also, thanks for the info for the brown bottles. I ordered 3 yesterday, along with 2 of those crystals ( I knew they would be something like that, just like a propmaker to look in a place like that).

Things should start to arrive in a couple days, I'll post more pix then...

I actually have some leather embossing plates with the BPRD logo on them for when I made some leather briefcases. I should break them out and do something with them.

the smaller die, is 3.5" to the outer edge of the text.

The large one, the circle logo is 6" and from the bottom of the text to the top, is 7"

I never got around to doing anything with them, but I will definitely make the effort now.

the smaller die, is 3.5" to the outer edge of the text.

The large one, the circle logo is 6" and from the bottom of the text to the top, is 7"

I never got around to doing anything with them, but I will definitely make the effort now.

Wow... I could use a round leather patch like that one...

Well, it's something I could probably do. It would be one hell of a tough patch to sew though. I still need to get a brake press.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back