What costumes are you working on?

Well, I guess you could say I'm working on another costume. I'm having a new Santa suit custom made for me as we speak. In addition I've made a 'Santa's book' with about 3000 names that I wrote by hand (I even learned calligraphy for this), an antique set of keys (what Santa uses to get into places with no chimneys), a beautiful polar express type bell to carry in my custom leather satchel, and boots that I've added real sleigh bells to. So, the main part of the costume is being made by someone else, but I'm adding special touches. :)

-Corey

I'm just finishing of my rocketeer at the moment still need some different boots and to finish making my scratch built rocketpack

Amazing! I love it! I see that the black,and white 5-O is very cool too! Very modern. Obviously,you come from a real town! I live in a small town of about 250,000.

Well here are my projects for 2009:

For myself:

Chtulhu (Plush Version)

IMPTYVHP003_360.jpeg

King Mickey (Kingdom Hearts II)

MickeyMouse.jpg

My Black Wolf

Here is the mask:

http://www.lionofthesun.com/gallery.php?L1=album&L2=Masks and Full Fursuits&L3=Shadow Dancer

Stay Puft from Ghostbusters (in planning stage)

One of the Wild Things from the book Where the Wild Things Are (in planning stage)

Skeleanimals Dog:

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CTN1955lg.jpg

I'm on a fursuit/mascot costume kick these days it seems. :lol

For my son:

Predator (80% done)
Godzilla (Still in early stages)
Red ARC Trooper from 1st Clone Wars cartoon mini-series
Sora from Kingdom Hearts II:

2kingdom.jpg

Slimer from Ghostbusters (Still in planning stage)

Max from Where the Wild Things Are

Skeleanimals Bat:

41uqc3meGPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Oh and toss in a couple of Ren Faire costume and whatever commissions come my way.

That's plenty for me I think. :lol

hi , im new in this board, and im working my spiderman costume from spideyplanet's kit. my costume is about 80% complete , im still waiting for a nice faceshell made by a friend. after completed this costume, im thinking about to make a BATMAN TDK costume, hopefully can make.:rolleyes

DSC00158.jpg

DSCN8883.jpg

DSCN8882.jpg

Being new to the board this seems like a good place to post:lol

Currently working on my Batman Forever Riddler, abit of a stop and start project due to colour matching issues.

Just about to finish of my Imperial Gunner, waiting for the lid to arrive!

Have begun looking into Abe Sapien in full B.P.R.D uniform.

Pinky:)

nice V suit, DOOR, hey! i've got those exact same gloves; bought them at a renn fair a few years ago.

me, i'm working on a F13 Jason on a micro budget for the Remake premiere. found an old army jacket in my dad's garage that seems like a close match to what was used for the jacket body in the movie.
jacket.jpg

i'm gonna leave the sleeves as they are, as i don't hunt and i can't afford to buy a hunting jacket just for the sleeves(i've already checked the local thrift stores).

for the hock i'm converting a cheap plastic mask i got at the pharmacy for like a dollar a few years ago.
CVSmask-before.jpg

CVSmask-glosswhitecoatandreshaped.jpg

Only thing i'm having trouble with is the horse bridle; i can't find one that looks like what's on his leg and i can't find a clear screen shot of it to copy either.

BobaFett.jpg

The ROTJ version, not the prepro one... I may have it done in the next 6 years or so... :lol

BTW, anyone have any idea how BF actually fired those knee darts :confused

i've started working on a comic style punisher costume. so far i've got 2 airsoft pistols, they're not 1911s, but i like the ones i did get. and i've got 6 vintage german style leather ammo pouches coming from ebay.

i've been doing tons of research into gloves, boots and the clothing also. i hope to have this finished by halloween. being a stay at home dad has it's small budget which is why i started now.

is THIS your glove?

Motorglove.jpg

this isn't the one i got at the renn fair; this one i got at a flea market.

did you sculpt that mask yourself?

Last edited:
yeah thats it, my Velcro piece was wider though and had a triangular cut to it :thumbsup
mask is dc direct.

Last edited:
just got asked to produce a batch of Ghostbusters costumes for next year. The jumpsuits, belts and tags are easy. But they wanted the packs cheap. So I am going to replicate a couple packs out of cardboard and styrene board. Going to take measurements off a completed pack. Use Christmas lights for the lighting and there will be no sound on the packs. It will be a slow build over the spring/summer but should be fun to do.

ooo, i always wanted to get ahold of one of the DC direct masks. now they go for a few hundred minimum. :(

I had a pretty nice V setup a couple years ago. Sold it off to finance other projects. My only real disappointment with it was in the mask. That DC direct would have been nice, but they were going for $500.00 a pop at the time.

I recently purchased a clone bucket from the guys in the NEG. I'm making it into my new custom Mando helmet. The design really lends itself to customization. I attached the rangefinder that came with the helmet, as well as some Sgt Fang ears that I got from my friend Jordan a while back. I painted it to coincide with my current custom Mando paint scheme. I may change the whole paint scheme up before the Calgary comic expo in April. I also plan to make a Jango style neck gasket, and add a circuit board behind the vents I cut in the back. If anyone has any other ideas to make it even more Mando, let me know.

Feb122009003.jpg

Feb122009004.jpg

Feb122009005.jpg

Feb152009001.jpg

Feb152009002.jpg

Feb152009003.jpg

Feb152009004.jpg

Hey all now that my begins is pretty much finished. I have been debating on what my next project should be. I will be tackling the bruce ninja outfit as seen in BB for the League of SHadows.
058.jpg

SO what i am asking is if anyone here has made one of these. I have a pretty good idea where to start. In all the shots i have seen it is very detailed. I know bob D has made one i hope he can chime in on this.

The Armor. I have made a couple suits of mandolorian armor so im going to go that route out of sintra. Does anyone have any templates for the armor. If not im trying to design some rough drafts that if they are successful i can put into the paper prop thread.

The Tunic. i believe to be made out of a calcutta type fabric cause it has a crinkeled/lined pattern to it. I am going to use the same pattern i have for my anakin tunic for this.

The Gaunts. I have an awesome set of these so this part is taken care of.

The gloves. I too have a thin pair of black leather gloves that i will use as well.

THe sword. I already have a ninjato sword from my Martial arts training that i will use as well.

Boots. Its hard to tell from photos what type of boot he used with this costume. I am guessing that they used a regular ninja style boot. But if not i may use my begins ones to help crossover. :D

What are all your thoughts on this. Would love to hear and appreciate feedback. Will post updates as soon as they happen.

I'm trying to decide what my Halloween costume should be. (Early isn't early enough sometimes.) Should I go against evrything logical, and do a Sandtrooper. Mabey a Clone Trooper. Or, mabey do something crazy, and finish my TEOD Jodo Kast. I just can't decide what to do. I want them all. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back