What costumes are you working on?

Yeah, SDCC ticket sales have been a PITA since they went to the new system. With any luck it won't be as bad this year...But I say that every year...

Wondercon Anaheim is in 3 months and they haven't released any info on tickets for that either. I'm guessing there's all kinds of kinks in the ticketing system still.

Didn't know about the Sacramento Con...May have to drive up and check it out.

Sacramento comic con. $200 to see Stan Lee and Getty an autograph and picture I believe.
$65 for the three day pass I bought.
Still on sale =)
I'll keep an eye on Anaheim. I'd love another chance at a convention so soon.
Sdcc has become a pita I agree.
If you decide to do Anaheim and/or sacCC pm me what you'll be wearing and I'll look for you for an RPF picture haha

If you decide to do Anaheim and/or sacCC pm me what you'll be wearing and I'll look for you for an RPF picture haha

I'll for sure be at Anaheim, SacCC will be a last minute gig if I get back from Germany in time. When it gets closer I'll let you know what's finished. If nothing else, I'll have my RPF T-shirt on. ;)

I'll for sure be at Anaheim, SacCC will be a last minute gig if I get back from Germany in time. When it gets closer I'll let you know what's finished. If nothing else, I'll have my RPF T-shirt on. ;)
In the junkyard there's a thread for S.H.I.E.L.D. Badges (custom with your face and info) that would go great with an RPF shirt, $15 for one badge and that includes shipping already. That'd be a nice quaint touch for any convention you aren't up to full cosplay for.

Hope you can make it to SacCC, if not, I'll see you at Anaheim.
Just PM me when it comes close to the event.

(personal conversations over, continue with thread haha)

Still working on the Jawa outfit, but started a stormtrooper / sandtrooper one (not decided yet) for my 3yoView attachment 185568

Slow progress, but still moving along ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390953748.116053.jpg

As several folks have surmised, I'm currently working on an Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit. Though, I'm having trouble finding the time and motivation to finish it, let alone put up the build thread that certain people keep hounding me for.
It's just not fun at the moment. I dunno. It seems to look alright, all things considered.
za5OuHo.jpg

YRn2sUN.jpg

Have bits and pieces to a few, but i'm not really in a hurry on any of them. I find the best pieces when i accidentally come up on them

Doctor who nightmare in silver -mr clever
doctor who -amy's armor from the girl who waited
obi wan from the clone wars cartoon
captain america first avenger costume with old shield and army helmet
Post-apocalyptic clothes with hint of mad-max like armor

I'm currently working on Theodore Twomby (Joaquin Phoenix) costume from HER.

So far, I ordered the Cole Haan shoes and a really similar looking red shirt (cannot find the right one at this time).

In a couple of weeks I will get the Warby Parker glasses.

I'm working on River Song Day of the Moon outfit. I've got the All Saints boots, found a wig that only needs minor color adjustments, and am drafting a pattern for the dress even as we speak. I also found all the supplies I need to make the belt...but I have to wait until my next paycheck before I buy them :-\

Also very slowly pulling together a HitGirl costume. I have the kilt all pinned together and awaiting sewing.....and that's pretty much all I've got done.

In the early planning stages for a ChanTho from Doctor Who costume...which is mostly a makeup sculpt. But I just ordered the fiberglass to make a sculpting base from my lifecast...

As several folks have surmised, I'm currently working on an Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit. Though, I'm having trouble finding the time and motivation to finish it, let alone put up the build thread that certain people keep hounding me for.
It's just not fun at the moment. I dunno. It seems to look alright, all things considered.
http://i.imgur.com/za5OuHo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YRn2sUN.jpg
Lunaman, dont give up hope, you should finish it you can't quit and heres why... for years ever since i was a baby and had a little spiderman toy i loved spiderman and one day i was on the internet and i looked up spiderman suit replicas and yours was one of the first results. a few months later i joined this sight and i have been inspired to make costume replicas because of your suit its in my favorites bar whenever i need inspiration. so please finish your suit.

Lunaman, dont give up hope, you should finish it you can't quit and heres why... for years ever since i was a baby and had a little spiderman toy i loved spiderman and one day i was on the internet and i looked up spiderman suit replicas and yours was one of the first results. a few months later i joined this sight and i have been inspired to make costume replicas because of your suit its in my favorites bar whenever i need inspiration. so please finish your suit.
Thank you, that's very kind. I appreciate it.

We will see.

I am currently working on a 10th Doctor outfit, a ROTJ SE Boba Fett, and a BBC Sherlock. I am closest on the Doctor, just waiting for a better coat at the moment. Boba needs work to get as accurate as I would like, and my Sherlock is just starting.

Halloween2013 023.JPG DrakeandBoba 030.JPG

A couple of friends and I had been discussing an upcoming summer Sience Fiction/Fantasy convention with the theme, "A Midsumer's Night Dream".

The first thing that had popped into our minds was "Forbidden Planet", but with the short sleeved, not so iconic uniform, since it gets quite humid here. We really want the classic blasters and communicator on the belt, plus, since we were going for the obsure look, the officer's peak caps that were worn very briefly in the film.

But with our employment situation being what it is, it may not happen this year.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back