Chicago Area Prop Party Anyone? Looking for Host!

AT-AT Luvah

Sr Member
Okay, wanting to gauge interest for a prop party in Chicago this year.

Also want to suggest something potentially blasphemous. Is there any way we could do one outside of the confines of Acme Studios in Elgin? Elgin is a real haul for most of us.

Perhaps something in the city proper or a more nearby suburb?

Hope to hear your thoughts.

Hector

Last edited:
Re: Chicago Area Prop Party Anyone?

Okay, wanting to gauge interest for a prop party in Chicago this year.

Also want to suggest something potentially blasphemous. Is there any way we could do one outside of the confines of Acme Studios in Elgin? Elgin is a real haul for most of us.

Perhaps something in the city proper or a more nearby suburb?

Hope to hear your thoughts.

Hector
Hey I'm up for it .

I love Acme, but it is a haul for me too. You have it easier in your neck of the woods AT-AT, but I have to go up 294 and thats well over an hour of driving. If we can get it closer to the south-side, count me in. Not too soon though. A bit of my stuff is at a museum up in New York. Should be coming home next month sometime.

WOW! I can't believe you guys are saying that Acme is haul for you guys. Some people have driven from out of state for our prop parties.

Usually a prop party is concentrated by area of close states.

Just my 2 cents.

I hear you, Turo. And I am not suggesting that this proposed prop party replace any standing Acme party coming up. Just give us family guys in the south suburbs a closer alternative.

I hope that something closer to the city won't preclude people from coming out of state if they so desire.

With that said, anybody have any suggestions for location?

Yeah, it's not a rediculous drive to Acme and I'm aware that some came from out of state which I appreciate, but I do like the idea of having something closer to my house. I'm not complaining about the drive, it's just that hearing about something closer to me is better than hearing about driving farther.

Hey, Joliet is not far at all far from where Hector and I live. I'd hope to get some of the Acme crowd to join in and more. It would be cool. I gtuess in the end anything is a haul for me because I'd have to borrow my dad's truck to get all my stuff anywhere I want to go, near or far. Near is just much better.

So, jumping the gun here, but where could we host something like this on the south side?

This is a shot in the dark, but I know that the earliest incarnations of prop parties (especially on the East Coast with Steve Dymzo) were held at somebody's house.

I don't have the space to host one, so would anybody be willing to offer some space up?

Hey, Jason - whereabouts do you live?

147th St. right off of 57. I wish I did, but I don't have the room either. I'd love to be able to host.

Cool, man. I live in Georgetown Subdivision in Orland Park. Near 159th and LaGrange.

I'd love to come check out your Indy stuff someday - hint, hint.

But yeah, I hope somebody can host. That would be ideal, I think, if it were somebody's house or yard (make it a BBQ or something) and have everybody bring something.

Now adays its kind hard to have a prop party at someone house. There's a huge ammount of props out ther now that are full size.

If you guys notice prop parties such as Michigan, Indiana etc. People have been getting huge party halls or huge storage facilities to accommodate everyone coming.

Unless you dont get something big, I would suggest a smaller venue like a BBQ at someone's house. And everyone could bring one or two of their favorite completed props.

that would more intimate :love

I'll be up for that.:thumbsup

But then again, I'm up for any prop party anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo - that's exactly the vibe I was aiming for with this one. A smaller BBQ thing at somebody's house, not a full scale prop party.

But then again, I'm open to what people want to do. Where do you live, by the way?

DOH! we typed the same thing. :lol

I live in the west side of Joliet, Caton Farm Rd and Rt. 59th area.

I'd be up for a prop party in the Chicago area. I'm in Oak Park. A BBQ sounds fun, but not sure I want everyone's greasy sticky fingers all over my props :lol

We'd need lots of lemon-soaked paper napkins!

Heck, if somebody offers their house, yard, or basement - I will commit to helping set up. I just want to take my son to one of these so he can see all the cool stuff.

Hoping somebody jumps in and stake a claim.

Unless you dont get something big, I would suggest a smaller venue like a BBQ at someone's house. And everyone could bring one or two of their favorite completed props.

that would more intimate :love

I'll be up for that.:thumbsup

But then again, I'm up for any prop party anywhere.

I actually like that idea much more than a large prop party.

:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

I wouldn't mind hosting at all but I really don't think I'd have the room. I have a 2 1/2 car garage with a long driveway and a pretty small yard. Got Maul has been over here so he can vouch, not that he'll show up being in Cali and all, but he knows how much room there is and the layout.

IF we can get two or three people to armor up, I MAY be able to get us a very nice, large place right off of 167th and Cicero. My friend and his wife just got a very large, nice house and one whole large room is empty. There is also a very, VERY large yard with a nice deck and good BBQ grilling material. Now, I MAY (very long stretch here) be able to convince him to host it if I can get some troopers or Fetts to amuse his 4 year old son for just a bit. Star Wars is his #1 thing. He would crap his pants if either came to his house.

Last edited:

Sounds good man. Go get him!!

We could always pictch for all the food being cooked. People could props, food and beverges.

:D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back