Hero X-Wing Build

Thanks guys!

Since the part finds for this project were not entirely mine to begin with, I don't feel free to say what they are just yet, other than to confirm parts from the Nitto/Fujimi 1/72 JagdPather, which you should already have if you're building the "standard" rear engine.

I know at one point we were talking about sharing, but let me ask the guy who provided the kit ids for this and see how he feels today.

If you are willing to share could you tell me more about the rubber you are using. For some reason it looks just right from the photos... not too flexible but durable enough to handle a few pulls.

For this project I've been using Freeman V-340 RTV for my molds and Vagabond 36-XXX Off-White Slow urethane resin for my castings.

How is your X coming along?

Everything you see in this thread, and now I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do for the fuselage. Have a couple of V3 kits, a no-shrink casting of the model Icons started out with (not the one they ended up with!), and I've been trying to figure out what the story is with the eFx fuselage.

Wow! Totally missed this thread. :eek

This is GREAT! Thanks a lot for sharing Beaz and Jason!

I probably will never make an x-wing from the ground up, but it seems that much more possible the more that's learned.

Probably the only thing I'd be interested in kitbashing is making correct phantom parts for red 2. Or at least come close. Jason's and your pictures help a lot with that.

Just wish I could kick the thought of wanting to idealize the cockpits...

Absolutely gutted there'll be no sets for sale.

Congrats on what you've achieved here, though. The Red 2 engines were always my favourite. To me, the detailing always seemed more believably incorporated into the phantom piece, especially at the front end. And as for the painted-on conduits and things... ah, I've been itching to paint that stuff onto an SS X for about 30 years. Lucky man!

I'm also looking for the part inside of the engine.It looks like Tank's wheel to me.The part in the pic is Tamiya TigerI.What do you think?Are there any better pic of this area?

Hi don't want to polute this thread but I have to say this is a fantastic thread & exactly what I always hoped to see from people with the knowlege that is being shared here. Good on ya's!

I think that might be a result of the base color being applied with the heat sink mounted less deep (or an extra one on top of the one pictured), resulting in streaks where the paint did not cover the black primer. In other words, it's paint, not a part.

Hey Kaoru,

I think that's just the end of the aluminum tube they put in the hero rear engines, you can see the glint of unpainted metal along the inner edge. And I think Jay is correct that there's most likely just a paint shadow in there along the flat face of that tube edge.

Yeah, I just found that this part is the tow hawser of the panther.

And I'm thinking the green parts are US or British kits. Or russian.

Thanks guys!

Since the part finds for this project were not entirely mine to begin with, I don't feel free to say what they are just yet, other than to confirm parts from the Nitto/Fujimi 1/72 JagdPather, which you should already have if you're building the "standard" rear engine.

I know at one point we were talking about sharing, but let me ask the guy who provided the kit ids for this and see how he feels today.

If you have the kit mentioned above you are half-way there. Everything tan/orange is from that kit. As for the tow cable... looks like one from the Bandai 1/48 Panther G. I see three green parts; the potential bogey at the back, and two other identical parts. Perhaps a 1/70something machine gun with bent barrel?

Yeah, I was just about to post this. Not final, but I think it's half an idler wheel and two halves of a very simple .50 cal on a pedestal. The only thing wrong with that is that the pedestal/cradle of a .50 cal shouldn't be in the center of the gun. Maybe it's another MG.

And the more I look at small scale armor, I notice that there aren't many tow cables not molded directly on the upper. So 1/48th scale sounds right.

Cool!

Last edited:
Jay and Kevin,thank you!How shold i make the detail?
so,the cone on the frot is also metal tube?
the othe guys are doing fantastic!I'm really enjoying to see your find.Well I'm kind of envy though!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back