32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 6

As for that spoiler, I found this, 1/48th scale, but it's $375:cry.I dunno if the dozer blade from this would be any good or not..I think it's scratchbuild time again..
Aur20SB20M82020820gun.jpg

Phil

Phil, I have this kit, the dozer blade is the right one... for the 5 footer :(

Hi Julien, Did you get my email ?

Is your kit 1/35th or 1/48th ? if the one on studioscale is the one you have, the blade is over 2" wide....I was thinking if there was a 1/48th version, maybe it would be closer to what I need for the 32"

What do you think ?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Julien, Did you get my email ?

Is your kit 1/35th or 1/48th ? if the one on studioscale is the one you have, the blade is over 2" wide....I was thinking if there was a 1/48th version, maybe it would be closer to what I need for the 32"

What do you think ?

Cheers

Phil

Phil, I havent received any email from you, when did you send me it ? (I could have missed it the last few weeks). But Ive checked today and nothing !

The box is not the same that the one you posted (mine is square) but I think that's the same kit :

M8-1.jpg

It's labelled 1/48 on the box :

M8-2.jpg

Yeah the blade is over 2" (65,5mm) and that's the kit which contain the parts for the X-Wing, Sandcrawler, Death Star turret etc... I think this is the part they used on the 5 footer ?

M8-3.jpg

I recall someone mentioned it was from a 1/43 Heller F1 on the 32" (never found the right part though).

A 1/72 M8 would work fine but I dont think there was any available at this time...

So save your money, this one is not the right kit... (but it's a great Star Wars donor to have though ;)).

Surely this is from a Roco tank for the 32" bird? Im sure the M88's shovel is close, but ill look more into it Phil.

lee

Allan i didnt think if that lol, and ive not long built a new hub too, ill go look for some armored cars of the German variety, never know?

Still reckon this is a Roco part on the 32" now, an F1 at 1/43 sounds fishy, but, ive been wrong before, and probably will be again LOL.

lee

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 9

Just a small update, bottom jaw plated and detailed, and top one started.
2small.jpg

3small.jpg

And a pic to show the plating on the gear bay boxes, and corridors.
1small.jpg

Thanks for the info on the minitanks, I'll look into that soon, and also thanks to all who have Id'd stuff for me and given ideas as to where to look. I really appreciate it...more please..

Cheers

Phil

The fins are from the Bandai Hummel 1/15 but its just shorter than on the 5 fter.There are some different greeblies on it than on the big Falcon tho.
I cant remember(since the 32" er is not my area) but I believe that spoiler is from a 1/20 car kit.Try thr MF builders club-they have a lot of ids for the 32.Treadwell over there id'd the fin-
n_a.jpg

Hers the link-hope it helps-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MFalcon/photos/album/0/list
PS-go through all the files cause theyre scattered all over.They even have the kits written up somewhere.

I made that pic to demonstrate that the 1/15 Hummel can NOT be the source for the part on the 32". :)

I made that pic to demonstrate that the 1/15 Hummel can NOT be the source for the part on the 32". :)

Opps-Sorry Treadwell.I guess I didnt make myself clear!I still think its from a Hummelkeep in mind that the original Bandai kit was also retooled at one point and it may still be from that one!
hum.jpg

I know that Dragon makes a 1/35 version which has an initial and late version.Im sure they both are a little different.
3a43_1.jpg

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if another Hummel model was used, of smaller scale, but the 1/15 is just too darn big for the 32" Falcon.

Yeah-maybe so.Also keep in mind that on the 5fter there were greeblies added to that fin and the whole fin wasnt used,they chopped it down.Probably the same can be said of the 32 ".Tread-is that the initial or late production on the Dragon?
Anyone have a clear pic of the 32" fin?Does Tamiya have a 1/35 or 1/48 Hummel?

Last edited:

Here's a casting of the 1/15 Hummel part next to the comparable part on the MR ESB Falcon:
attachment.php

WOW! Yeah thats a BIG difference Tread.Yeah-its got to be some old 1/35 or 1/48. :confused

This is great !, thanks for posting this stuff. It's good to revive the discussion on these difficult to find parts.

Cheers

Phil

Hey Guys

Another small update...posted one pic before but thought I'd post more of a progress thing of this jaw area.

topjawsml.jpg

3small.jpg

topjawsml3.jpg

As usual, some real parts, some casts and a few scratched bits for the unknown stuff.

Just needed to mention a thanks or two...To Lee, who has helped me above and beyond. I won't say how, in case he's swamped with requests, but considering I haven't ever met him I am amazed by his kindness.

Also, I wouldn't have even made a start but for some measurements I was sent from a repected member here that I did a commission build for, some time back. He kindly sent some dims of his Mr Falcon and they have been helpful beyond measure. Again I can't say who that is because I wouldn't want him to be swamped either, but I want to thank him too.

Anyway, there you go...

Cheers

Phil

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 10

Well thats kinda funny, as i had it in my noggin to PM you today Mr brown for an update :lol
Looking great Phil, as always with you, super clean work, how are you intending to display her buddy? I always wanted one literally hung flat to the wall, as the top view is my fave lol.

lee

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 10

Awesome!. Been waiting for an update Phil, and dude you don't disapoint thats for sure!. She's lookin wicked, great to see the kit parts naked.

Stu

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back