32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 6

It looks great~!

Friend, I wonder if you can give me some information for circled part?

Last edited:

Thanks for the kind words again guys,
Just to answer that kit part question, it's from a 1/12th tamiya ferrari, this kit..
ferrari.jpg

I can't remember the actual kit number, this kit along with the 1/12th renault that Stu mentioned, have been sitting in my Mum's garage for years gradually falling apart. I thought I'd strip 'em down and use them for this build.
I don't have the plans anymore, so I can't give the part number, but here's a close up of the remains of the part and where it goes on the side of the engine.
FP2SMALL.jpg

FPsmall.jpg

I think this engine's used on the Bwing too..
As I say, this is not an accurate part for the 32", but I just thought it looked ok so stuck it on.

I hope that helps and if it turns out to be a part not discovered yet I'd be very pleased to have found something that could be new..

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:

Its actually a 312t4 guys! Phil, not heard from you on anything other parts needed bud, but, if you want me to send what ive got boxed i can do so now...but if there is anything you need adding, shoot me a PM or whatever bud.

Great work anyway, this is really starting to shine, your work is exceptional!

lee

Hey guys

I think I've asked this before, but I thought I'd ask again to anyone who hasn't seen these. Could anyone help me ID any of these parts, or any spare castings that may be lying around would be most welcome.

shrunk1edit2.jpg

...it's the spoilers-flaps, fins and connecting stuff I really need.
6.jpg

This vent area has me beat too..is it that coolshade stuff ?
wheels1.jpg

I thought these wheels ?...well, I think they're wheels, who knows ?..were from the 1/72 airfix panther, but nope..I was all ready to stick 'em on too..:angry

Any help would be great

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:

Just want to say this is amazing how you're doing this completely from the ground up. Great work! :love

the tail part standing up is a bandai 1/15 hummel part,this kit is very expensive
the fins that are flat on the hull are a F1 tail fin,but i cant remenber the maker?

here's a great site for parts list with pics http://www.studioscale.com/kitscans.htm

keep up the good work!

Hey DLT, I dunno if they're from the 1/15th hummel,.they might be a bit too big.. I think these 1/15th parts were used on the 5 footer. Was there a smaller scale hummel ?

Thanks for the kind words from all up to now :)

Phil

Phil, top left part circled is from the Tamiya 1/35th British 25PDR Field Gun, other half on the right side also, not sure about the rest, couldn't ID any of the other circled parts from this kit, just looked through, which happens to be the Gun and Quad Tractor boxed set!.
Stu

Fantastic work Phil!!! I love seeing all the updates on your thread.....way to go, keep up the great work!

Man, it's been years since I last saw you, in the days of the UKG....hope to catch up with you again one day buddy.

Chris

Hey DLT, I dunno if they're from the 1/15th hummel,.they might be a bit too big.. I think these 1/15th parts were used on the 5 footer. Was there a smaller scale hummel ?

Thanks for the kind words from all up to now :)

Phil

Well as i recall corectly from my MR falcon its rather big these upright fins:rolleyes

Did you get the email i send you?

Just realised the left circled part under the 25PDR gun part is from the Tamiya 1/35th Hanomag Sdkfz251/1.
Stu:)

The 1/15 hummel fins are definitely too big. They should come from the 1/30 bandai hummel but not sure, since I don't have this kit.

Don't know if this helps, but you know those images that change (reflect) as you move them to simulate movement? Sometimes they're on kid's stickers and book covers. I'm certainly no Falcon expert, but if you run out of ideas, you could probably paint the texture of one of those stickers gray and see similar grading with weathering. Looks like whatever it is, is framed in styrene strips (front & back). Granted, the 5-footer looks like actual venting, whereas the 32" looks like a solid material.

...just stirring the idea pot.

6.jpg

This vent area has me beat too..is it that coolshade stuff ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow!Its looking really great.I'm not too familiar with falcon donar parts, with the exception of some of what Frank has mentioned. The 1/30 Hummel is a doozy to buy and find.Sadly I had one years back but sold it to someone in here.Dragon makes a 1/35 Hummel,and aside from the fin being a tad smaller,it is more finely detailed. I believe Moe scratch built his and made castings.The flat spolers I thought were from an Aroura armor kit with a dozer blade attached,but I am probably mistaken.It was a very off scale,1/32 or something like that?The small block I thought came from a 1/9 Ketenkrad and the struts I though had come from a 1/24 Messerschmitt or Mustang be it Airfix or Bandai?That's about all I can really recall?

The fins are from the Bandai Hummel 1/15 but its just shorter than on the 5 fter.There are some different greeblies on it than on the big Falcon tho.
I cant remember(since the 32" er is not my area) but I believe that spoiler is from a 1/20 car kit.Try thr MF builders club-they have a lot of ids for the 32.Treadwell over there id'd the fin-
n_a.jpg

Hers the link-hope it helps-
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MFalcon/photos/album/0/list
PS-go through all the files cause theyre scattered all over.They even have the kits written up somewhere.

The fins are from the Bandai Hummel 1/15 but its just shorter than on the 5 fter.

I'm not sure I see the resemblance, but would like to be proved wrong.

I have a 1/30 scale bandai hummel - that doesn't have the right part either.

I had the 1/30 Hummel a while ago and the part in question was there,but as I recall...you would have to remove it from the gun barrel/breech.It was molded in one piece and it didn't have the detail on it shown above.The 1/35 Hummel by Dragon is a hair smaller,but it has lots of detail on it.

Fantastic work Phil!!! I love seeing all the updates on your thread.....way to go, keep up the great work!

Man, it's been years since I last saw you, in the days of the UKG....hope to catch up with you again one day buddy.

Chris

Hey Chris !, great to hear from you, I hope you're ok there. Thanks for the compliments..I didn't realise it was you posting further back on the thread.
It has been years mate, where does the time go ?. I trooped with the UKG a couple of weeks ago at the space center in Leicester, it was a good day. There's only myself, Tony H and John May that are from the beginning of the UKG, that still do the odd troop now and again...We need to reunite the longer serving members...

Speak soon....bests...

Thanks Stu for ID-ing the 25 pounder and the hano..I've got both of them but I just couldn't see it. I think you get ID blindness sometimes.

As for that spoiler, I found this, 1/48th scale, but it's $375:cry.I dunno if the dozer blade from this would be any good or not..I think it's scratchbuild time again..
Aur20SB20M82020820gun.jpg

Is that vent coolshade or not do you reckon ?

Thanks for all the help up to know though, any more ideas are very welcome..

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back