32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 4

Very, very nice work! Inspiring to say the least!

MonsieurTox : thanks for the heads up w/ the glue! That's what I use all the time.

Derek

Fantastic job ya doing there with the Falcon.
Look's very good thus far,keep up the great work,this is one ta watch!:cool

Hey guys, thanks for all the great comments. It's been difficult at times, but it makes me feel good when I see it sitting on my very untidy bench.
I promised myself I would keep it tidier, but it just ends up looking like a bomb went off..:lol

Anyway, next job's those...what are they?..plantpot shaped airlock things on the ends of the docking corridors...
I'm trying not to think too far ahead, I think my head might explode. Just trying to break it down into manageable parts.

Cheers

Phil

Very wise Phil, she is looking stunning mate, you are a very brave & talented bloke keep up the good work. As for the bench, when everything is in one place you cant loose it?

"when everything is in one place you cant loose it?"

Well said Guy, I'll tell the missus that when she comes into the room to inquire about how I can work in such an untidy place?....or words to that effect..:lol

Phil

Amazing work. Curious about one thing. How did the cockpit cone get born? Or do they just appear out of thin air? I'm hoping this is the case; that canopy cone always looked one of the hardest parts to do....

The cockpit is a resin cast, but not cast by me. I bought it from a guy in Australia a year, maybe more, ago. He had given up on his build, and I bought the cockpit and the rear vents from him.
It will save me a lot of time. I think it might have originated from a member here, but I can't be 100% sure having got it second hand.

Phil

The cockpit is a resin cast, but not cast by me. I bought it from a guy in Australia a year, maybe more, ago. He had given up on his build, and I bought the cockpit and the rear vents from him.
It will save me a lot of time. I think it might have originated from a member here, but I can't be 100% sure having got it second hand.

Phil

If you bought it from a guy in Aussy land, then it originate from me.

Thanks for confirming that Moe, It's a very nice clean cast and so are the vents.

Cheers

Phil

Hey Moe,...Just remembered that I also got some gearbox parts too from the same guy. They're for the mandible side walls just in front of the entex gearboxes.
I thought they looked like the ones on your site, thanks for those too, very clean bubble free as well, I love the time saving stuff.

PM Sent

Cheers

Phil

I love these builds. they'er nothing short of outstanding.
Way beyond my capabilities, keep up the good work.:love

Phil

Thanks for the info, and all the best with this stunning build.

Re: 32" Falcon Progress/update newer pics page 6

Hey Guys, just a few more pics of my recent progress..

I can't say that this is 100% accurate, but there are a few correct parts lying about in these pits..this goes for all of it really, I know I'll never find every part, so I'm just gonna do what I can..
Pit2small.jpg

Pit3small.jpg

Pit4small.jpg

PitSmall.jpg

This is the front of the dish, the area that's almost hidden between the jaw boxes.
Torpssmall.jpg

Underside rear boxy bits.
RearUSsmall.jpg

A top pic with the rear deck added.
Topsmall.jpg

Turrets started
Turretstartsmall.jpg

And finished, apart form the windows, they're gonna be a pig to make, I can see it coming..:lol
Turretsbothsmall.jpg

Anyway that's it for now...

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:

Hmm, tried to change the title a bit to point to page six..
See if it works this time

Phil

Now that is looking sweet mate, It's coming along nicely!.
Do I spot some RE-20 turbo parts in there lol?. Very clean and tidy buildup I must say!. Much more satisfaction building her than aquiring a MR one me thinks.
Keep it up dude, lookin forward to more of your progress.
Stu:love

I'm only 45 mins away from Leeds let me know when visiting hours are open? Just stunning Phil.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back