Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions...

The Wook

Master Member
Hey, I was wondering if y'all could help me out here. I'd like to know what this picture is taken of. Is it the film-used 5 footer? And secondly, whether it is or isn't of the 5 footer, I'd like to see some of the 5 footer that does show the decal. One tight shot like this one would be nice, but I'd also like to see one from a wider angle, to put the decal into spatial context with the whole cockpit area a bit better.

Thanks for your help!

The Wook

milleniumfalcondecal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
go to www.studioscale.com and look under the "Reference Photos" link on the left. Bunch of pics there.
Heres a direct link : http://www.studioscale.com/referencephotos.htm

Hey Falcon Dude, I was just over looking at Maths's shots and was wondering if you had any links to other ref pics. I was thinking maybe a falcon reference index could be put together. This one is one of those *I-was-not-collecting-kits-for-this-but-I-have-most-of-the-parts-already" kind of deals...

I'm not sure I ever realized that is TWO decals - an ejection seat warning traingle laid over the top of the Allied Van Lines symbol...

Hey, I was wondering if y'all could help me out here. I'd like to know what this picture is taken of. Is it the film-used 5 footer? And secondly, whether it is or isn't of the 5 footer, I'd like to see some of the 5 footer that does show the decal. One tight shot like this one would be nice, but I'd also like to see one from a wider angle, to put the decal into spatial context with the whole cockpit area a bit better.

Thanks for your help!

The Wook

milleniumfalcondecal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a bunch of links but lost it all when my Hard Drive decided to (#%#* out on me. If anyone has any pictures of the falco Id be glad to host them. I think hosting it all in one place is better than making a bunch of links. Eventually links go dead and stuff gets lost.
I really have to update the site BTW hehe

Hey Falcon Dude, I was just over looking at Maths's shots and was wondering if you had any links to other ref pics. I was thinking maybe a falcon reference index could be put together. This one is one of those *I-was-not-collecting-kits-for-this-but-I-have-most-of-the-parts-already" kind of deals...

If you need shots, I have the ones I took at the Science of Star Wars exhibit. I'm going back tomorrow as well if you need something specific.

I took a lot of pictures of the 5 footer and they are posted on www.studioscale.com the pictures are actully arranged kind of "in order" so that the picture just before and just after are next to the picture you'r elooking at usually with a bit ov eroverlap so that you can kind of walk around the model. and yes that route 1 sign is clearly there :love Although my favorite decal on the 5 footer is the liscense plate and the "drive safely" tag right next to it :thumbsup that's also in the pics Lower hull below the engines - exactly where you'd expect to find a plate :lol

Specifically my pics are here:
http://www.studioscale.com/images/reference/Falcon/5Foot/Frank%20Wire/index.htm

Drive safely...
http://www.studioscale.com/images/reference/Falcon/5Foot/Frank Wire/images/P6130129_JPG.jpg

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back