Subscribe
    From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Aug 17, 2008, 7:19 AM - Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #1

Hey, I was wondering if y'all could help me out here. I'd like to know what this picture is taken of. Is it the film-used 5 footer? And secondly, whether it is or isn't of the 5 footer, I'd like to see some of the 5 footer that does show the decal. One tight shot like this one would be nice, but I'd also like to see one from a wider angle, to put the decal into spatial context with the whole cockpit area a bit better.

Thanks for your help!

The Wook

2. RPF Premium Member propcollector's Avatar
    Aug 17, 2008, 9:49 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #2

it was only on the 5 foot model
    Last edited by propcollector; Aug 17, 2008 at 9:56 AM.
    Aug 17, 2008, 9:55 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #3

go to www.studioscale.com and look under the "Reference Photos" link on the left. Bunch of pics there.
    Heres a direct link : http://www.studioscale.com/referencephotos.htm
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Aug 17, 2008, 10:10 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #4

falcon dude said: View Post
    go to www.studioscale.com and look under the "Reference Photos" link on the left. Bunch of pics there.
    Heres a direct link : http://www.studioscale.com/referencephotos.htm
    Hey Falcon Dude, I was just over looking at Maths's shots and was wondering if you had any links to other ref pics. I was thinking maybe a falcon reference index could be put together. This one is one of those *I-was-not-collecting-kits-for-this-but-I-have-most-of-the-parts-already" kind of deals...
    From
    Southern California
    Aug 17, 2008, 10:53 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #5

I'm not sure I ever realized that is TWO decals - an ejection seat warning traingle laid over the top of the Allied Van Lines symbol...

The Wook said: View Post
    Hey, I was wondering if y'all could help me out here. I'd like to know what this picture is taken of. Is it the film-used 5 footer? And secondly, whether it is or isn't of the 5 footer, I'd like to see some of the 5 footer that does show the decal. One tight shot like this one would be nice, but I'd also like to see one from a wider angle, to put the decal into spatial context with the whole cockpit area a bit better.

Thanks for your help!

The Wook

From
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    Aug 18, 2008, 9:55 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #6

Thanks to propcollector and falcon dude for the great pics!

The Wook
    Aug 18, 2008, 8:31 PM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #7

I used to have a bunch of links but lost it all when my Hard Drive decided to (#%#* out on me. If anyone has any pictures of the falco Id be glad to host them. I think hosting it all in one place is better than making a bunch of links. Eventually links go dead and stuff gets lost.
    I really have to update the site BTW hehe

Flintlock said: View Post
    Hey Falcon Dude, I was just over looking at Maths's shots and was wondering if you had any links to other ref pics. I was thinking maybe a falcon reference index could be put together. This one is one of those *I-was-not-collecting-kits-for-this-but-I-have-most-of-the-parts-already" kind of deals...
    From
    Bloomington, MN
    Aug 18, 2008, 8:43 PM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #8

Flintlock said: View Post
    If you need shots, I have the ones I took at the Science of Star Wars exhibit. I'm going back tomorrow as well if you need something specific.
    From
    Newport News, VA
    Aug 19, 2008, 7:13 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #9

Hey! That symbol looks vaguely familiar.
    It's like my favorite obscure sci-fi reference ever.

Here's another great archive of Falcon ref pics.

http://www.3dscifi.com/reference/sta...lleniumFalcon/
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2001
    From
    Langhorne, PA - just outside of Philadelphia
    Aug 19, 2008, 4:16 PM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #10

I took a lot of pictures of the 5 footer and they are posted on www.studioscale.com the pictures are actully arranged kind of "in order" so that the picture just before and just after are next to the picture you'r elooking at usually with a bit ov eroverlap so that you can kind of walk around the model. and yes that route 1 sign is clearly there Although my favorite decal on the 5 footer is the liscense plate and the "drive safely" tag right next to it that's also in the pics Lower hull below the engines - exactly where you'd expect to find a plate

Specifically my pics are here:
    http://www.studioscale.com/images/reference/Falcon/5Foot/Frank%20Wire/index.htm

Drive safely...
    http://www.studioscale.com/images/re...130129_JPG.jpg

Jedi Dade
    Last edited by Jedi Dade; Aug 19, 2008 at 4:24 PM.
    Aug 19, 2008, 9:22 PM - Re: Millennium Falcon cockpit decal questions... #11

I have some on this page of my Science of SW gallery, and the page following:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...bit/?start=140

I was having focus problems, though.