Sithcamaro (Toby Markham) sales issues

DrMcoy

Sr Member
I bought a Jack Sparrow coat from Toby almost a year ago. It took a few months but finally got it, but it was way too tight. I sent it back to Toby explaining the situation (along with several e-mails both before and after I sent it back) and also sent him a coat that someone else made me from same measurements I sent Toby so he could either adjust the coat he sent me or make a new one that fit. He graciously offered to make me a new one.

This was back in April or May.

It is now mid August and despite several e-mails asking for updates, all I got were one or two, with the last one a month ago telling me he was having a hard time casting the buttons.

I have since sent him about 20 e-mails, no response. I have written to his MySpace account, no response. I know he's visited his MySpace site a few times since I wrote him, so this leads me to believe he is now deliberately ignoring me.

He has $900 of my money for first coat and my other coat which I paid $400+ for.

I am obviously concerned.

If anybody on this board knows him personally or has a good relationship with him, I would sure appreciate you letting him know that I either want a full refund (and my original coat back that he didn't make) OR to have him deliver a coat that he makes that fits me and my original coat back and have these delivered by first week in September -- and if that can't be done, then I then just want a full refund and my original coat back.

Thanks for reading. If I don't hear back from him by Monday, I am taking this up with PayPal which I used to pay him for the coat.

Ted Eckel

I don't know him personally, I've meet him a few times, but he always seemed like a stand-up guy.

I'm sure he'll come through and hopefully someone who knows him better will contact him and point him this way.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the input -- I will write him through this forum directly and see if he responds.

I understand that there are sometimes delays, but after a certain point, one starts to feel as though he/she is being taken advantage of.

I paid for the coat almost a year ago and should not have to keep sending countless e-mails for updates. if someone is busy with other aspects of their life and can't fulfill their obligations to customers in a reasonable time frame, then they should say so and provide a refund.

At this point I believe it is fair for me to ask for a proper coat that fits delivered within 2 to 3 weeks OR a complete refund.

DrMcoy,

I see this thread was posted almost two years ago, but I was curious if you ever resolved your issues with Sithcamaro (Toby Markham)? I ask because I am having the same problem. I paid him 19 months ago for a complete Jack Sparrow costume and have still not received a single item. He has over $3,000 of my money and I have nothing to show for it! I email him constantly but receive only the occasional response. He gives me excuse after excuse why he hasn't completed the costume. I've been MORE than patient and understanding, but I am very concerned I've been scammed. It is obviously way past Paypal's 45 days to file a dispute. Does anyone have any other suggestions what legal action I can take to recoup my losses? I was thinking the Better Business Bureau?? If anyone on this site was thinking about purchasing a costume from Sithcamaro, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Fett belt from him some years ago. I think he was out of work at the time. He stopped responding to my emails and pm's. He eventually sent me the belt. I don't know what the problem is now but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I would like to know if the OP ever did get his stuff though.

DrMcoy,

I see this thread was posted almost two years ago, but I was curious if you ever resolved your issues with Sithcamaro (Toby Markham)? I ask because I am having the same problem. I paid him 19 months ago for a complete Jack Sparrow costume and have still not received a single item. He has over $3,000 of my money and I have nothing to show for it! I email him constantly but receive only the occasional response. He gives me excuse after excuse why he hasn't completed the costume. I've been MORE than patient and understanding, but I am very concerned I've been scammed. It is obviously way past Paypal's 45 days to file a dispute. Does anyone have any other suggestions what legal action I can take to recoup my losses? I was thinking the Better Business Bureau?? If anyone on this site was thinking about purchasing a costume from Sithcamaro, BUYER BEWARE!!!
did you ever recieve anything??

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone hits a road bump from time to time in this biz. Sometimes one thing cascades into another and longer than normal delays turn into impossible situations. Last year I had a situation where I was commissioned to make a costume for another board member which i actually completed fairly quickly. Due to some errors in the measurement process, the costume didn't remotely fit. I agreed to make another in the right size. Between the time I agreed to do so and the member got around to re-measuring, I got cheated on by my live-in girlfriend and reacted by running away to another state, uprooting myself from any stable place to work and basically catapulting myself into a state of unemployment that would prevent any sort of refund. Priority #1 became finding a job so I could afford to purchase materials to remake the costume. Which I did, albeit 8 months after the initial order. Things sometimes happen beyond our control. They're regrettable, but they happen. And sometimes its hard to use these things as an excuse as to why we have yet to deliver.

Sorry for bumping an old thread...

I was wondering if anyone had more recent experiences with SithCamaro?

My partner ordered a Loki helmet off him in early May, and paid upfront. On July 25, he said was hoping to get the moulds done. Then first week of September he said he would be in the process of making/finishing up the orders he had.

So, almost six months later, after MANY messages, she still has yet to receive anything. However, we've seen pictures of him attending multiple events, seen that he's got helmets listed as for sale (I think with a four week wait time?) on his website.

My partner is getting increasingly worried she won't receive anything. Six months wait for no product is exceedingly poor, especially when she has requested TWICE for it to be sent in time for events, and both requests have been ignored.

Has anyone else dealt with him of late? Is this a common occurrance with this commissioner? If so, we'll be sure to tell others to avoid avoid avoid!

Sorry for bumping an old thread...

I was wondering if anyone had more recent experiences with SithCamaro?

My partner ordered a Loki helmet off him in early May, and paid upfront. On July 25, he said was hoping to get the moulds done. Then first week of September he said he would be in the process of making/finishing up the orders he had.

So, almost six months later, after MANY messages, she still has yet to receive anything. However, we've seen pictures of him attending multiple events, seen that he's got helmets listed as for sale (I think with a four week wait time?) on his website.

My partner is getting increasingly worried she won't receive anything. Six months wait for no product is exceedingly poor, especially when she has requested TWICE for it to be sent in time for events, and both requests have been ignored.

Has anyone else dealt with him of late? Is this a common occurrance with this commissioner? If so, we'll be sure to tell others to avoid avoid avoid!

Sorry if this response will seem derp, I only just now made an account with this site so that I can reply to this post.

Near the end of October, I'd placed an order for a Loki helmet from Etsy. It was to my understanding that the order I placed was for a ready-to-ship helmet, so after a week and no updated shipped status, I sent him an e-mail. He replied the same day, later in the afternoon(ish)/evening, saying he was attempting to put pieces together. So maybe I misunderstood the nature of the purchase, that it was not ready to be shipped, but reading posts such as this and the others above makes me... very nervous, to say the least.
My main point in this response was though to clarify that I have had recent (enough) contact with him, and as I understand it now, he is in the process of piecing together at least one helmet, though how many really I can't say.

sorry it took me so long to respond, but unless you send me a PM, i am not always aware that someone has replied to one of my posts.

as for my initial post in 2008, i did eventually receive my coat. it was nicely made and i still own it to this day.

as to whether he is reliable, well, the posts seem to speak for themselves.

look, i don't know the guy personally so i have no basis for commenting on his character or life situation...but it is obvious that his track record is one of someone who promises he'll deliver provided you don't mind waiting a year or more for delivery AND having to send 50 emails for every one he decides to reply to.

i also think it is extremely questionable for someone to take so long to deliver while simultaneously offering other merchandise.

if you ordered something from him, i hope you get it and, if you do, i bet you'll find his workmanship exceptional.

but if you haven't ordered from him, buyer beware.

I had been considering getting his gorgeous Loki sceptre, but having heard all this feedback now makes me extremely wary....very unfortunate! I hope we have some further answers/clarification soon, because as it stands, it all sounds extremely troubling....real shame, because I did love the look of that sceptre!

Sadly Toby has turned into a flake

Although Toby and I have PM'd in the past I have never purchased anything from him.

I will say that he has been around quite awhile and it is possible maybe he has just hit a bump in his personal road of "life."

Unless he has taken someone's money and ran lets give him the benefit of our doubt. (for now)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back