Sithcamaro (Toby Markham) sales issues

Wow, REALLY sorry guys, but I haven't kept up-to-date on this thread at ALL! I mainly log on to PM another RPF member, and didn't even think to update this topic. My apologies for that.

To keep people in the loop, we are still awaiting our replacement helmet from Toby. I haven't got the full email transcripts in front of me, but from what I remember, the latest issue that's holding back progress is due to his airbrush breaking? He also sent pictures saying the helmet was finished apart from the horns... but the pictures were of a fully completed helmet, so we're not entirely sure what's going on right now! I believe we're awaiting as response to our latest email...

JediFyfe - Yes, we know his Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. My partner has messaged him a few times via Twitter, but primarily we want to keep correspondence via Email, as it's easier to keep track of. As such, thanks to watching his Twitter, we've seen all the LOVELY updates on his Cyberman progress..... all the while waiting for our own item to be sent.

If anyone is currently awaiting items from Toby, or has had similar experiences to our own, could I ask you to please PM me? I'm very interested to speak to those who are having/have had issues with this commissioner, but I'd rather do it in private rather than create a big thread of complaints, if that's okay :)

I ordered a Loki helmet from SithCamaro nearly a year ago and still have nothing to show for it. I had emailed him before I purchased the helmet and he was very prompt and straightforward about everything. I paid via paypal over his website. A $420 transaction. As I knew they were built to order I waited a good month before sending an email. He told me he was almost finished and would send out the item within a week. Okay seems reasonable. Another month passes and I send an email asking If he has sent out my order. Toby responds by telling me he had been very busy and hadn't gotten around to it but he would be shipping very soon. Understandable people can get busy. Waited another 2 weeks before my next email asking for an update. No response. I retry the email. I get a response saying he has a lot of orders to do and that it will take more time. Strange since his other emails had told me he was almost finished. The next time I email him I was finished with the waiting game and I asked for a refund of my money. His reply stated he cannot refund me because he has already spent the money on materials. When do I get my helmet? I asked. No further contact. I had re-sent the emails many times but at this point Sith was no longer contactable.

Here is somethings that make this whole situation worse. During the entire time period Sith has uploaded several new costumes he had created for himself.

This man is a thief and needs to be tried and put in jail. I would advise others to avoid buying from him.
He parades in costumes that were made using the funds of others and should be ashamed.

It amazes me whenever I see threads like this. You have a member who has made a solid, reputable name for himself within the community then all of the sudden he trashes his hard earned reputation. Does he not realize because of his actions, not only is his reputation now crap, but so is his name and I would imagine several people are now looking for him to get their money back. He is now a laughing stock and considered a scammer within the community.
Guess what pal, you blew it. You will NEVER get back the respect you once had. :thumbsdown

One I saw that other people had had similar problems I had to share my story. I was an unemployed 18(now 19) year old who worked my butt off to get the money to afford the helmet for a cosplay. I don't want anyone else to loose their money like I did.

This sickens me. Someone who steals money and uses it to start and finish other projects, which will in turn be used to fund more scams? It is completely unacceptable. I understand an occasional delay but there is no excuse for what he's done, which in my opinion is worse than recasting because he doesn't even deliver half the time. It just goes to show you should never trust a sith... :facepalm

How else is he going to afford all those sweet leather jumpsuits and sunglasses? He's wearing a pretty awesome Power Rangers suit in his avatar.
And he needs to maintain his reputation in the fast paced world of Camaro ownership. Though it's usually competing with High Schoolers and middle aged housewives, it's still a pretty exclusive club. It ain't a cheap lifestyle to maintain.

So what are the mods doing about this, exactly? I assume they're aware?

Is he still a member here?

why is he still being allowed to use this place as a medium/outlet for his scams?

they have been aware of his 'problems' since 2008 (according to this thread)

continued posts on new/current work without filling his obligations that he made here initially?

this is outrageous!

They do now :ninja

Guys and gals, the internet is your friend. If you aren't getting your money or products / are owed, etc, just splatter your stories all over the net, especially where a seller (anyone, not only this one) 'hangs out'.

Just sitting back and 'moaning' gets you nowhere. Use thumb-screws or loose your cash.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but c'mon guys, do something proactively to defend you property.

Lawyers my foot. Get creative.

If I were in a situation like this, I'd find him at a con, make a huge placard saying 'xxx owes me money' and follow him around all day.

It's a free country :angel

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back