Sithcamaro (Toby Markham) sales issues

It would be interesting if a site like the RPF could have a "Registered Seller" system not unlike the premium member system. You wouldn't have to be one to sell, but if you were it shows you're perhaps a bit more professional.

Some ideas and benefits might be...

• Registered Sellers have a special forum tag to identify them as such. That's good for them as it makes their posts stand out a bit. Buyers can find them easier.
  • Other users can rank Registered Sellers ala eBay. Product quality, speed of delivery (if at all) and so forth.
  • Registered Sellers must provide their real name and contact information. No hiding behind a fake name.
  • Registered Sellers fill out a profile where they list information on how they take payment, refund or dispute policy, shipping methods, average turnaround time, etc.
  • A special forum for Registered Sellers where only they can start threads to post about what they have for sale. Everyone can read, but only they can post - meaning their posts advertising their work isn't drowned out by tons of WTB and other posts.

Something like this would be a real win/win for both buyers and sellers. Buyers could have a bit more confidence in a seller by having more information on them. Legitimate sellers would have a way to get their name out, as well as stand out from the problem sellers.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, as this was not only a transaction that did not take place through this forum, but the money was literally thrown at me 2 months before I had even completed my own helmet. I only had the first half of the helmet cast, and had yet to get around to even sculpting the second portion of it. Meanwhile I had been working on a few scepter orders during this time frame.
So there was never a definite time frame when the money was sent to me.

It was purchased so early in the game (when I wasn't taking orders yet) that it was sold at $50 less than my final price came to be.

But the helmet is being shipped off today, so everyone can be happy once again. I had wanted to make more tweaks to it, because I am a perfectionist with these things, and my stuff is always being re-worked until I'm happy with it. But I suppose she has waited some time now, so they will get the best of what I have to offer for today.

It is good that you are finally responding. Communication is the key to resolution.
But what appears to be the main issue is that you only present excuses and don't admit you might have been wrong.
If this was a one time occurance, people could buy excuses, but this seems to happen all the time with orders. This thread alone goes back to 2008. Giving excuses this time is like the boy who cried wolf. It is just another excuse.
I think people just take issue with the repeated incidences and constant excuses.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, as this was not only a transaction that did not take place through this forum, but the money was literally thrown at me 2 months before I had even completed my own helmet. I only had the first half of the helmet cast, and had yet to get around to even sculpting the second portion of it. Meanwhile I had been working on a few scepter orders during this time frame.

It was purchased so early in the game (when I wasn't taking orders yet) that it was sold at $50 less than my final price came to be.

But the helmet is being shipped off today, so everyone can be happy once again. I had wanted to make more tweaks to it, because I am a perfectionist with these things, and my stuff is always being re-worked until I'm happy with it. But I suppose she has waited some time now, so they will get the best of what I have to offer for today.

Every time a thread like this comes up and nearly everytime someone posts this.

Simply put and for obvious reasons it won't work which is why it is never been implemented.

A buyer HAS to do his homework and even then there is risk.

Threads such as these serve as ample warning to those who have shoddy business practices or are simply scammers.

Don't know if you can trust a seller ask around here, do a search, the truth is out there! ;)

It would be interesting if a site like the RPF could have a "Registered Seller" system not unlike the premium member system. You wouldn't have to be one to sell, but if you were it shows you're perhaps a bit more professional.

Some ideas and benefits might be...

• Registered Sellers have a special forum tag to identify them as such. That's good for them as it makes their posts stand out a bit. Buyers can find them easier.
  • Other users can rank Registered Sellers ala eBay. Product quality, speed of delivery (if at all) and so forth.
  • Registered Sellers must provide their real name and contact information. No hiding behind a fake name.
  • Registered Sellers fill out a profile where they list information on how they take payment, refund or dispute policy, shipping methods, average turnaround time, etc.
  • A special forum for Registered Sellers where only they can start threads to post about what they have for sale. Everyone can read, but only they can post - meaning their posts advertising their work isn't drowned out by tons of WTB and other posts.

Something like this would be a real win/win for both buyers and sellers. Buyers could have a bit more confidence in a seller by having more information on them. Legitimate sellers would have a way to get their name out, as well as stand out from the problem sellers.

Sad to see you go out like this Bro, but gotta tell you NO ONE made you take the money.

Your lack of communication is inexcusible once you took the money PERIOD

If this resolution is the "best you can offer" :rolleyes, You don't need to be on this Board anymore

I am confused. You say that the money was "was thrown at you before the helmet was finished"which is fine, but yet you started a for sale thread back in June and edited July that the helmets was done and ready http://www.therpf.com/f13/avengers-loki-helmet-150969/

"OK, updating this thread, now that I have a completed helmet. I can now open the gates for those interested in owning one of these."

So now you are telling them they will be getting an inferior product.

I am confused. You say that the money was "was thrown at you before the helmet was finished"which is fine, but yet you started a for sale thread back in June and edited July that the helmets was done and ready http://www.therpf.com/f13/avengers-loki-helmet-150969/

"OK, updating this thread, now that I have a completed helmet. I can now open the gates for those interested in owning one of these."

So now you are telling them they will be getting an inferior product.

Oooooooooo.... Busted in a lie :facepalm
As stated before... Excuse after excuse... Will make nobody believe you and people will investigate and ALWAYS catch your slip ups. They will call you out on inconsistencies.

I was paid in May, June was in interest thread that was later changed in July to a live sale thread because that's when the first finished piece came from the molds. Over time issues arose, mainly with the casting of horns. I could've sent pieces out with "ugly" horns and called it a day, but I wasn't about to. With the way I work, everything I make is eventually sen to myself as inferior. I obsess with resculpts and remolds. To 99.9% of people out there, what I see as inferior is stellar to them, it does not stop my OCD from kicking in and wanting to push it further. I am my own worst critic.

Communication was kept via email when there was progress to discuss. This helmet was my only overseas order, and I wanted to make sure all possible issues had been ironed out, as returns would be pricey with shipping. These are shipped in 18x18x18 boxes, not worth being shipped multiple times.

I had 2 apparent issues with breakages back in October, to which the items were to be returned for repair. Yet nothing has come back to me, so I wonder if it was actually a real issue to begin with. If you want to look closer, you will also notice that I've not been trying to bombard said sale thread with bumps in months.

And for the record, I did admit the wait was a bit longer than it should have, but these are my sound reasons as to why it has taken so long.

But I am done explaining here. This initial thread is so old, and deals with a completely different item, and both had nothing to do with transactions made on this site. I don't know why it's even still live.

A buyer HAS to do his homework and even then there is risk.

A simple search of the seller will usually give a quick idea, not much trouble at all really. Yea, sometimes someone who has been trustworthy on multiple deals will just up and disappear with someone's money.

What gets me though is people will know of the sellers being a hassle and still do business with them. When there's a 3 page for sale thread with two pages of people asking for updates or where their stuff is and you pop in asking to buy one or be added to the list... "why don't you give me half the money you were going to spend, we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day." :lol

I understand how easy it can be for each side to be defensive of themselves, and put themselves in the right.

For that reason, my partner has given me permission to put all the emails pertaining to this commission on a document, and upload it. That way, people can decide for themselves what to make of it, without any personal influence from either party.

Read the emails here: SithCamaro Emails

Yes, this business was not conducted on the RPF, but that does not invalidate her experience. I will not tell people whether they should or should not buy props from this commissioner. I will share with them our experience, and let them take from that what they will.

I understand how easy it can be for each side to be defensive of themselves, and put themselves in the right.

For that reason, my partner has given me permission to put all the emails pertaining to this commission on a document, and upload it. That way, people can decide for themselves what to make of it, without any personal influence from either party.

Read the emails here: SithCamaro Emails

Yes, this business was not conducted on the RPF, but that does not invalidate her experience. I will not tell people whether they should or should not buy props from this commissioner. I will share with them our experience, and let them take from that what they will.

Wow.
I just added him to my "do not deal with list". :thumbsdown

Ive dealt with him before and he was less than responsive even face to face!! Lost my interest once I saw his work practices!

Last edited:
@KellyJane

Wow.... I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it's ridiculous to say the least when you read through that with excuse after excuse.... Gees.

That's just crazy.

As far as your deal not being conducted on the RPF has nothing to do with the absolutely horrible way you have been treated by him.

Just a lame excuse from him.

Please let us know when you get the helmet.

I hope by now that you realize that we take care of our own here whether you are an old established member or new!

Besides what Apollo told you above, the RPF takes such matters seriously, and if warranted, beyond the mere sharing of experiences.

Our member's guidelines are clear in this :

" Please note that your actions outside the confines of the site may affect your membership."

Thanks, Alan and Apollo. I will keep you informed as to when we receive the helmet. I've known of the RPF for a long time, and know many people who use it (I'm part of one of the Star Wars costuming groups in the UK, so the name "RPF" is commonplace there!). When my partner said she'd seen a thread about this commissioner here, I instantly checked it out.

Needless to say, I'll be checking here more in the future to scope out the reliability of commissioners!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back