The All-New X-Wing Thread

Someone at some point had told me that the Tamiya kit numbers out at the time of ANH went up to the late 70's (MM-078) or thereabouts. However, I was under the impression that the kit in the picture was the correct kit for some parts. It's number, though is 139. Am I missing something here?

Judging by the box art, it looks like a re-issue.

Ah yes, Tamiya is doing that kind of thing, aren't they? I have an SdKfz 222 reissue that is packaged with a Jerry Can set and it has a different kit number. The 222 portion of it though is stamped with a date of 1975.

Thanks for the archive, Beaz! Wow, pictures and all. I am going to begin archiving this in a different way... something I wanted to do before, but couldn't get to it before it got hacked to pieces.

I am posting my kit list for the X Wing. This is the information I have amassed over the years, and there is nothing on it that anyone has asked me to keep confidential.

xwingkits.png

The bolded items are things that I don't have in my inventory. This is my complete list. This is all I know about the X Wing.

Guys,

Would this be a good place to write the paint colors needed for the different X's?

Hint: you could always begin with Red 5 as it's the one I'm doing myself and although I'm reading all the build thread, I couldn't find the information anywhere ... ;)

Let me know if that can be found elsewhere, and thanks for all the information.

Guys,

Would this be a good place to write the paint colors needed for the different X's?

Hint: you could always begin with Red 5 as it's the one I'm doing myself and although I'm reading all the build thread, I couldn't find the information anywhere ... ;)

Let me know if that can be found elsewhere, and thanks for all the information.

I think the colors are pretty much the same. It's primed with an automotive black spray. The base color is Floquil Reefer White (F110011) - although the base could also be white automotive primer - and the red markings are painted with Floquil Caboose Red (F110020).

You need various other colors for washing, etc...

There is a reefer yellow that I grabbed for my Y Wing, but I don't know it for certain. There is also a Conrail Blue... Can anyone else help here?

Slate blue by rustoleum under the "house" brand "painters touch" is a good ESB/ROTJ TIE fighter color match and looks right for some of the canopy blues used.

The X wing yellow that looked good to me was Testors Model Master Afrika Mustard.

This is all off my eye anyway . . . I could be hugely wrong, as I dunno "original" colors.

Ryan

I think Floquil Reefer is spot on to some of the markings on Reds 3, 5 and Leader's flank panels, im not sure on some of the more subdued yellows, ive always played with various mixes of Tamiya dark yellow for those as its a good starting point.
Id like to see the Afrika mustard though!

lee

Now yes, i like that yellow, looks very good indeed for a few builds TBH!

The site is in the faves for future ref too, thanks for posting that Ryan!

lee

I have to say that I received my "Jumbo" M4 Sherman and I am a bit peeved, for when I opened it I spotted no X Wing parts at all. Moreover, It is stamped with a date of 1981/1984... What is amiss here????

Well, the "part" is actually the entire upper hull of the tank. What we need for accurate X-Wing gun mounts is the section in the picture I posted.

Yes, I know that.. But on those gun mounts, on top of those sherman grilles, is a box-like piece. Where is it from?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back