The DEFINITIVE TDK Joker Costume Thread/Project

Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely consider hellocosplay.com's offerings as well. (I know their shirt has come under criticism on this forum before, but that seems to be a running theme with just about every shirt but Magnoli's! Has nobody else gotten the shirt pattern and color right?)

I don't suppose any of you have seen both hellocosplay.com and cosplaysky.com's coats, and would be able to compare the two?

By the way, I just realized that hellocosplay's vest has vertical pinstripes on the gray side (and is thus more screen-accurate), while cosplaysky's doesn't. Although the pinstripes don't matter so much to me since they'll be hidden under the blazer and coat anyway, it does show their attention to detail. That aside, their 4-piece set (which costs about the same as cosplaysky's 6-piece set) doesn't include the blazer, and I'm worried that if I get the blazer and the coat from different sources, their linings won't match in color.

what are peoples opinions of the guys at joker shirt anyone every bought from them?

it appears to be an alternate site for hellocosplay that just focuses on the joker stuff...thing is...its cheaper....

for the overcoat

$139
Batman Dark Knight Joker Purple Trench Coat New Version - $139.00 : joker shirt

$159
Dark Knight Joker Coat - Purple Joker Coat

i'm seriously considering piecing this together over the next couple of months bit by bit as funds become available...

all the stuff looks nice and good enough for those not caring about 110% accuracy....

The original liners didn't match in color...So no problem there. :)

I just rewatched the Joker's final scene. While the suspended Joker's coat and blazer were billowing around in the wind, I couldn't tell where the blazer's lining ended and where the coat's began (i.e. I only saw one color of lining), from which I conclude that the linings are of the same color. Am I missing something?

Also, throughout the movie, the lining appears (at least on my screen) more reddish-pink than orange. Perhaps Utopia Base got that part right? Everyone else seems to make their coats with orange liners. Is this one of those color-correction differences? Has anyone seen the lining of the original coat (I know the original costume has been exhibited before)?

Thanks for pointing this out! I can't believe this site didn't turn up in any of my previous web searches.

Your post also made me realize that hellocosplay actually has two different coats for sale; the other one is selling for $138 ($21 dollars cheaper than the coat you mentioned). Does anyone know how they differ?

from the looks of it, its made of something different and it doesn't look as good....the new one is made from wool and seems more accurate to my eye....

from the looks of it, its made of something different and it doesn't look as good....the new one is made from wool and seems more accurate to my eye....

I went back to joker-shirt.com and looked at the two coats there. According to them, they are both made of wool + terylene (though the composition is not stated). The pictures of the cheaper coat on joker-shirt.com look a lot better than the ones of (presumably) the same coat on hellocosplay, and to my eye the color of the cheaper coat looks more accurate (the more expensive coat looks too bright, though of course that could just be a lighting thing). I wish these folks would be clearer in their descriptions!

I wish somebody could compare the coats from hellocosplay and cosplaysky. Given that the 6-in-1 set from cosplaysky still seems like the best deal, I'm wondering if the best option is to buy that set, and then later, when I can afford to upgrade the stuff I find less satisfactory, eBaying them. Though of course the measurements wouldn't be right for someone else.

i think the more expensive one (this one: Batman Dark Knight Joker Purple Trench Coat New Version - $139.00 : joker shirt) seems to match the design of the coat more closely especially on the stitching around the lapels, the colour does look a bit bright.....but then maybe it is the lighting....who knows....lol

also I think the only thing i'd get from cosplaysky is the blazer (simply because the joker-shirt guys don't sell it...lol), their vest looks terrible to me, seems way too big or the wrong shape or something....

also I think the only thing i'd get from cosplaysky is the blazer (simply because the joker-shirt guys don't sell it...lol), their vest looks terrible to me, seems way too big or the wrong shape or something....

Now I'm wondering if I should simply do without the blazer (which seems non-essential and I can always add one later) and get better versions of the other stuff than cosplaysky's...

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a shirt from the joker-shirt.com guys to test out the service and quality etc.....so we'll see how that goes and if I blew 50 bucks or not....lol

Do let us know when you get it! =)

Since it was 50 bucks I guess you got a ready-made shirt and not a custom one.

I wrote to hellocosplay explaining that the hexagon pattern on their shirt as pictured on their website is wrong, and if they would be willing to make shirts with the hexagons facing the correct way without raising the price.

I also wrote to Utopia Base asking if their eBay shirts (sold by gladius_mart) are identical to the ones they're selling on their website, and whether the eBay pictures reflect the shirt they're now selling, because it would mean that they've corrected the hexagon pattern. I'll let you know if and when they respond!

I dunno if its been mentioned because i dont wanan traul through 45 pages but magnolia clothing other a range of joker stuff it look mega screen accurate its all rediculously expensive but they do have the braces for about $60 they also offer shoes

Magnoli Clothiers

I dunno if its been mentioned because i dont wanan traul through 45 pages...http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=joker

Hey, I did before I posted here for the first time! =)

Anyway, yes, Magnoli's Joker collection been mentioned here with some frequency, and I think it's fair to say that it is the gold standard that most serious Joker-costumers compare everything else to. Indy Magnoli himself is a member of this forum, and has posted in this thread.

I'm starting to think that Magnoli's tie is the only one worth getting, even if I can't afford anything else from him. I can't believe I even considered Utopia Base's tie, as it looks NOTHING like the original!

!!! IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!
I just received the following reply from Utopia Base:

hi, whatever it is, you will be getting the one picture on my ebay. The reason of the difference is that I had it remake with the correct pattern, and I had not update my site with the latest picture. thanks

That's right, Utopia Base is now selling shirts with the correct pattern!
This may mean that Utopia Base's shirt is currently the only available one besides Magnoli's that has the correct hexagon pattern. (At least, I haven't found any other.)

I'm currently leaning towards Utopia Base for the shirt (and possibly the socks), joker-shirt (AKA hellocosplay) for the coat, vest, and pants, and Magnoli for the tie. I can do without the blazer for now.

i've been to quite a few partys with out the blazer and no ones been any the wiser it definatly makes the costume cooler to wear..

The patern as linked above is nothing like the original. You should ask for photos.

This is what it should look like, Kwally had this made :

12-11-08001A.jpg

And yes, the liner can appear slightly diffrent :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/Download/WB Promo/dk08hl0017qp9.jpg

EDIT - The arms in this coat look WAY out of proportion :

http://www.joker-shirt.com/batman-dark-knight-joker-purple-trench-coat-new-version-p-5.html

The coat itself looks ok, but the cuffs aren't belled at all, and the arms look absoutly horrible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back